If it wasn't for FTs . . . . | The Boneyard

If it wasn't for FTs . . . .

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
UConn loses? I read some posts about UConn not getting calls from the refs. It's possible that the refs were trying to even out the foul calls a bit. As it was UConn scored 21 of their 65 points from the free throw line.

Reaction Score
For once UConn shot well from the charity stripe. That was a victory for today. But, The Bearcats shot uncharacteristically from beyond the arc. I don’t know what the deal is but even lousy 3 point shooting teams light it up against UConn. It’s unbelievable.

Reaction Score
24 free throw attempts to 6 free throw attempts was the difference

Collier was terrific as usual, gonna need to get MW and CW to step up down the stretch

Lou was very off today, her shot has been off these last couple games. I think she will get back on track, she is a good shooter

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The ref's are not the problem. We did not even have a whiff of foul trouble.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
So there's the silver lining. 21/24 from the foul line for a team that has struggled at times this season. Now that the Huskies have that fixed, next up is the 3-pt line. :cool:

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Cincinnati's scoring was not the thing that got my attention. It was UConn's lack of shooting. They took fewer shots than usual and when you combine that with crappy shooting you end up with a game like today. Smear on all the lipstick that you want, but the game was still phugly.

Reaction Score
Free throws are part of the game so what’s the point they count no asterick

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
UConn loses? I read some posts about UConn not getting calls from the refs. It's possible that the refs were trying to even out the foul calls a bit. As it was UConn scored 21 of their 65 points from the free throw line.
Is that legal???
I found it interesting that when SNY showed the replay for the non foul call that put Geno in "he's gonna get a T" mode, Lou was definitely hacked by the defender.
But I guess because we had gotten so many calls already, it is ok for Dee "I really don't like UConn" Kantner to let this one go. She did the same when Pheesa was hooked around her hip, the side away from Dee's closed eyes, and thrown down. Dee said that she wasn't fouled.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Yup! UConn can play like a pick up team but it's all the refs fault.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom