If I hear "The Squid"... | The Boneyard

If I hear "The Squid"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
...say he's got the fifth youngest team in the country one more time, I'm going to duke.

How can he possibly believe that anybody is going to feel sorry for his poor little fifth youngest team in the country? Please don't insult our intelligence, you slime ball in a sea of puss!

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He is a scummy coach that sells come and play a year and then go pro. I know that fit's today's NBA and college, but does it prepare them if they fail at basketball, no.

I want them to lose in the NCAA's that's all

Reaction Score
Found out tonight that the Squid and I share a birthday. I petitioning my momto allow me to celebrate on the 11th next year to avoid it.

Happy belated CAHusky! Nice to share it with squid huh?

Reaction Score
When he said after the game "..I told them good, I hope you lose" or something to the sort, I said to my son the media will honestly believe that was strategic instead of saying "what an ".

He is a real idiot, unbelievable how many people don't see it.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
the man wants to be called the best BUT likes to have his excuses ready. He's practicing for their tournament exit

he proved in 1995 he's scum, as algore once said "you can't change the "stripes" on a leopard"

I've never heard another college coach try to throw another school under the bus as he's running out the door to avoid sanctions. Poor Squid, he's always in the wrong place at the wrong time with respect to violations and fraud and sanctions. "he's never done anything wrong" :confused:

Reaction Score
the man wants to be called the best BUT likes to have his excuses ready. He's practicing for their tournament exit

he proved in 1995 he's scum, as algore once said "you can't change the "stripes" on a leopard"

I've never heard another college coach try to throw another school under the bus as he's running out the door to avoid sanctions. Poor Squid, he's always in the wrong place at the wrong time with respect to violations and fraud and sanctions. "he's never done anything wrong" :confused:

Didn't he throw 1 school (UMass) and 1 college player's family (Rose at Memphis) the two times he was fled with the NCAA on his heels...the guy shouldn't be coaching anywhere.

Reaction Score
If we squeeze in the tourney I hope we get another crack at them. Would be incredible to knock him out as an 11 seed or whatever we'd get. It would be great for our program to punch them in the mouth again.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
If we squeeze in the tourney I hope we get another crack at them. Would be incredible to knock him out as an 11 seed or whatever we'd get. It would be great for our program to punch them in the mouth again.

When Kentucky is on, they're the best defense college basketball has seen in a long time. The way we score, we might not put up 30 against them.

Reaction Score
We have their number. I'd take my chances rather than not play them. Hopefully, we'd play out of our minds and they'd be off. I like playing the best teams, especially after a regular season of AAC games.

Reaction Score
UK will be a disappointment in the tourney this year. They already have had a ton of close games that they've barely pulled off. Once the teams with true hearts of lions come into play in March, UK will have once again disappointed

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
calipari.jpg

Reaction Score

Don't kid yourself. Not this year. This team would get smoked by Kentucky. Just completely overwhelmed.

Reaction Score
He is a scummy coach that sells come and play a year and then go pro. I know that fit's today's NBA and college, but does it prepare them if they fail at basketball, no.

I want them to lose in the NCAA's that's all
I don't know if that is so scummy. This is exactly what these players want: play one year and go pro and I see no problem with that. They obviously have no desire to get a degree so why not.

Reaction Score
I feel like when he was yelling at Karl Anthony Towns for that T against LSU he was really saying, "HEY! I AM JUST YELLING AT YOU SO I LOOK LIKE I AM SOMEWHAT COACHING!" lol

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I don't know if that is so scummy. This is exactly what these players want: play one year and go pro and I see no problem with that. They obviously have no desire to get a degree so why not.
Because these are universities that are "supposed" to have academic standards. I know it sounds funny coming from UConn fans given the APR thing but UConn got punished and made major improvements towards those academic infractions not happening again. Meanwhile UK puts its academic integrity on the line every time they fudge their minimum admission requirements to bring in these semi-pro players who have no intention of being students and just use UK's facilities and media exposure to propel them into the pros. Fans dont like it because its essentially a semi-professional team playing against college students, its not an even playing field and it takes away from the value of college athletics.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Because these are universities that are "supposed" to have academic standards. I know it sounds funny coming from UConn fans given the APR thing but UConn got punished and made major improvements towards those academic infractions not happening again. Meanwhile UK puts its academic integrity on the line every time they fudge their minimum admission requirements to bring in these semi-pro players who have no intention of being students and just use UK's facilities and media exposure to propel them into the pros. Fans dont like it because its essentially a semi-professional team playing against college students, its not an even playing field and it takes away from the value of college athletics.

Why are UCONN fans so stupid about our academics? We got punished twice, once retroactively, for accurately reporting grades. That is what happened and that is what doesn't happen at other schools.

Reaction Score

God just stop. Do you think Ollie would have turned down a single kid on that Kentucky roster? No, of course not. You have any evidence to indicate that Kentucky is "fudging its requirements" to get these kids in? No, of course you don't. And for the record it's not like there are red flags around any of those kids, academically or otherwise.

I know it pains people but the guy is just absolutely crushing the recruiting trail. That's it. Stop with the whole "this is college, this should be about education" because it just sounds like sour grapes.

Reaction Score
BigErnMcCracken said:
Don't kid yourself. Not this year. This team would get smoked by Kentucky. Just completely overwhelmed.

They are good, we are not. Fortunately, for one night in March anything is possible. I'll hope to see us face great teams and play great basketball up until we run out of time to make it haopen. UK has struggled at times, they aren't invincible. I'd rather play them than anyone else.

Reaction Score
They are good, we are not. Fortunately, for one night in March anything is possible. I'll hope to see us face great teams and play great basketball up until we run out of time to make it haopen. UK has struggled at times, they aren't invincible. I'd rather play them than anyone else.

Well, guy, I'd rather play Coppin State.

Kentucky's what, 24-0? They are the biggest target in years because of all the hype around them. So I don't take too much away from the fact that conference rivals - with some talent - show up to play and press them, and they keep winning. If anything, I think that bodes well for them in March.

Seriously, though, the people rooting for a UConn-Kentucky showdown in March make me laugh. I wonder if they're the same people that melt down when UConn has to come from behind to beat Tulane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom