if I ever ran into Jeff Hathaway | The Boneyard

if I ever ran into Jeff Hathaway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You should kick half of our fan base in the nuts too.

I heard tame rejections to his hiring 3 years ago despite the fact that a simple google search of his final years of Syracuse foreshadowed everything we are now seeing.

But hey, atleast the CT high school coaches were happy than.

How Jeff Hathaway wasn't strung up in front of Gampel when he hired this washed up fool shows you how out to lunch this fan base is. This man should never have been hired. Never. And we should have never allowed it to happen. A total waste of 3 years.

Reaction Score
Pretty simple actually. We had no leadership at the President level. Austin, Hogan, Austin and then finally Herbst. She wasn't in place yet so Jeffie was left to his own devices

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I want to make Hathaway and PP kiss on Kiss Cam while dressed up like chickens. And I want everyone in the stadium to point and laugh at them when they exit the stadium.

Reaction Score
When I met Susan Herbst a year or two ago I thanked her for firing Jeff.

Reaction Score

I heard tame rejections to his hiring 3 years ago despite the fact that a simple google search of his final years of Syracuse foreshadowed everything we are now seeing.

But hey, atleast the CT high school coaches were happy than.

How Jeff Hathaway wasn't strung up in front of Gampel when he hired this washed up fool shows you how out to lunch this fan base is. This man should never have been hired. Never. And we should have never allowed it to happen. A total waste of 3 years.

Wtf, was the fan base to do? We had a total boob at AD. his finalists were P, Whipple and the since failed Garrick McGhee. Of those I preferred Whipple only because I had met the man at football camp and he had an offensive pedigree. Hathaway had one major coaching hire at this school and he FUBAR ed it. Compare that to Warde, if you don't want to credit him for Ollie, and accept that the jury is out on Diaco, his moves with hockey give you hope.

Reaction Score

Did our fans base cut the NCAA compliance staff to get produce enough profit to get a personal bonus?

Did the fan base ignore the the athletes academic progress?

Did our fan base throw Jim Calhoun under the bus?

Did our fan base grind fund raising to a halt.

Did our fan base drop the ball building the champions center.

Did our fan base lie to President Herbst.

Hiring a bad coach is a mistake any AD could have made. It's actually forgivable. Treating a Cadillac like a Camry was a much, much bigger sin.

Reaction Score
I want to make Hathaway and PP kiss on Kiss Cam while dressed up like chickens. And I want everyone in the stadium to point and laugh at them when they exit the stadium.

You sure that hasn't already happened?

Reaction Score
Boring. Come on guys this gutter tripe is better suited for the likes of BC or Rutgers boards. Your better than that. Show a little class.

Reaction Score
It was a Larry McHugh Hathaway deal which Susan would have NEVER agreed to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The former coached against PP while at Xavier and gave JH his blessing.

Reaction Score
Husky1964 said:
It was a Larry McHugh Hathaway deal which Susan would have NEVER agreed to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The former coached against PP while at Xavier and gave JH his blessing.

Every time I've been around LM it would have been inappropriate for me to get into this with him but I will.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Boring. Come on guys this gutter tripe is better suited for the likes of BC or Rutgers boards. Your better than that. Show a little class.

Show class? Did you witness what happened to UCONN under FHCPP so called leadership? Please drop it with sticking up for a coach that wasn't prepared to run a college team again especially with his side kick who was stuck in the 90's still.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

Your wrong on Larry McHugh just for an FYI. I know Larry for a number of years and know what he wanted and it was to keep Randy at all cost but knew that would not happen with Jeff at the AD spot.

Reaction Score
You did not rebut my comment. We ALL wanted to keep Randy. McHugh sold JH on PP because of his prior relationship with him.

Reaction Score
Please state how it is inaccurate?????????????

For starters, there were plenty of people on this board who wanted Randy gone. Even after the last 3 years they can't admit they were wrong.

Secondly, McHugh did not sell P to Hathaway. McHugh wasn't involved with the coaching search. Hathaway, being the hack that he is, hired P because he thought it would put him in good graces with McHugh. JH knew his job was in jeapordy and instead of trying to keep his job by making a good hire, he tried to salvage his job by placating McHugh. JH did this on his own. If you want to blast McHugh over anything rip him because he didn't veto the hire. Personally I think it's a bit unfair but whatever.

People have to stop blaming McHugh for this. It was all Hathaway.

Reaction Score
I think Randy aside from his warts enjoyed the support of 75-80 % of the Yard. Less than 20% when he walked out on us. Still think this was a Mc. JH job. PP did not know JH so his supporters worked through Mc. Susan would have NEVER gone along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom