If I am CUSA Commish, with $36m in Exit Fees ... | The Boneyard

If I am CUSA Commish, with $36m in Exit Fees ...

Reaction Score
I nurture each of the balance of the five remainders. But then GRAB the Best FCS Programs with some view of the Geography.

Could you match UTEP with New Mexico State. Obvious. Then the vaunted Texas bid to keep UTEP & La Tech happy - Sam Houston (recent past FCS champion). And Tarleton. Never heard of Tarleton. First ... Trust me: UT or Texas A&M system school can come up with $20-30m from the MamaBear to grow a Football program; better than North Texas anyday. They just expanded their stadium to 20,000 (where Stephenville HS (NOTE Art Briles)also plays). And I definitely would bring on the North Dakota State Bison - also recent FCS champ. Too far geo - link them with Missouri State (and there you have Northern Iowa and South Dakota on your watch). There you are at 10. But ... $36m is a lot of leverage in this world. Would you find 6 CAA ready to go to FBS ... because the secret to Conference Realignment this time: Go Big. Because you aren't gonna fast track your way to being near the Sun Belt or the AAC without tremendous energy and culture of winners. Football in areas that are crying for the capacity to compete.

What's this? The Sun Belt - specifically Coastal Carolina, Appalachian State, JMU will be risen recent FCS winners (then South Alabama, Troy, Georgia Southern) - shows you can emerge to near top 25 in this CFB world. Is there a big separation with P5 ... wider all the time; with always the capacity for some of these to Giant kills. But, the top half of both these leagues are NOT gonna be all that less than Tulane. Tulsa. North Texas. Charlotte. FAU.

Want to dismiss FCS and UCONN playing FCS? They all should be FBS in CAA. The facilities at Delaware - which I have seen - is clearly far and away better than Buffalo, UMass or Temple - which I have also seen.

Take the money lady Commissioner and run to make noise - Nationally.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman
Top Bottom