If he's making fun of you....you're in! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

If he's making fun of you....you're in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ah, just what I expected. Auriemma has publicly admitted he's a jerk with referees at times, he regrets losing control, he's too sensitive and he's too insecure. He even has gone into great depth over why he views himself as being insecure, you could only have missed that if you wanted to. I agree with you about Fox News, by the way, as well as with virtually every corporate media and 24-hour news outlet. It takes two to tango, though. You have to have a viewership who only see/hear what they want to. Now I'm willing to guess that even though you don't like Fox News (neither do I), there is some other corporate media outlet you happen to like (none for me, thanks).

the only times i have heard him question himself were often followed by laughter, which has caused me to question his sincerity. i'll really keep an ear out, for i would love to hear some legitimate-sounding regret. no matter what his problems, they're no excuse for referring to one of his players as a dope. i think he pictures himself as quite the comedian at times, but his witty remarks sometimes go over the line, especially where his players are concerned. i've felt that way for a long time; this is just the latest. what he might do in this situation is call breanna into his office, and express regret to her for using the term.
i do agree with you regarding the corporate media outlets. you guess wrong, though, as i care for none of them. i do like the bbc, and some of the other programs on public television. for real info and insight certain newspapers and magazines are much more attractive.

Reaction Score
I
the only times i have heard him question himself were often followed by laughter, which has caused me to question his sincerity. i'll really keep an ear out, for i would love to hear some legitimate-sounding regret. no matter what his problems, they're no excuse for referring to one of his players as a dope. i think he pictures himself as quite the comedian at times, but his witty remarks sometimes go over the line, especially where his players are concerned. i've felt that way for a long time; this is just the latest. what he might do in this situation is call breanna into his office, and express regret to her for using the term.
i do agree with you regarding the corporate media outlets. you guess wrong, though, as i care for none of them. i do like the bbc, and some of the other programs on public television. for real info and insight certain newspapers and magazines are much more attrac

I guess you just don't get it. The last thing coach is insincere. After 28 years of doing what you perceive as abuse, don't you wonder why as an
example why Rebecca ( the smartest college kid , but dumbest basketball player and the worst center in America until Kara who then took over the same names, Diana Sue etc.to this revere the abuser ? C'mon are you really serious ?

Reaction Score
Oh my. I don't know what what we've got here. Culture gap? Age gap? Humor gap? We have some kind of gap that is for sure.
Geno never claimed to be perfect. He's a real person. That's one of the things I like about him. There are many ways for us to internalize what Geno says based on out life experiences. When he once called me a fungi, I chose to interpret it in the positive sense.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
often public condemnations? serious reflections? geno? the spin would make fox news envious.
You haven't been paying attention.

Geno Auriemma + Diana Taurasi = Love, Italian Style
[Geno] had grown up slick and ambitious, driven as much to chase down the big time as to outrun the nebulous fears that dogged him. "I don't know—all the obvious ones," he says. "I'm the oldest, immigrant family, couldn't speak English. I'm Italian, Catholic—hey, that's enough guilt. What more do you need? I felt inferior. I grew up scared of everybody."

Inside Look at Geno Auriemma On HBO's Real Sports
And [Geno] also talks about the inherent insecurity which has driven him his entire life.
"Act like I know everything about everything so no one will say you're the dumb kid from Italy. Am I insecure? Absolutely," he says. "Not to the point I used to be. I used to be way more [insecure]. What if your not as good as you think you are?"

UConn's Auriemma apologizes to reporter

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
i do agree with you regarding the corporate media outlets. you guess wrong, though, as i care for none of them. i do like the bbc, and some of the other programs on public television. for real info and insight certain newspapers and magazines are much more attractive.

"Ah, a man hears what he wants to hear, and disregards the rest..."

(with apologies to Paul Simon."

Reaction Score

What makes you think that Breanna was in any way offended or upset by his comments? Because you are offended? What one person finds offensive may not be offensive in the slightest bit to someone else. Why should Geno express regret if the person he was making the comment about was not at all bothered by it?

I choose to laugh my way through life, through the serious mishaps as well as the just generally DOPEY things I do. I laugh at myself, and along with those who tease me over the goofy things I do, even the more serious experiences. I fell off a horse, lost consciousness for 10 minutes. I suffered a serious concussion, with lasting effects of loss of sense of smell (probably 95+% lost) and loss or altered sense of taste. But, I can laugh at it and at the jokes people make at my affliction and for falling off the horse. I also lost the top third of my right index finger. I am an "amputee", and yet I find it hysterical when my family calls me "Stumpy", or say "don't point that stubby little thing at me!" or "give he a high 4 1/2". Am I wrong in guessing you find their comments to be out of line and believe these people owe me an apology even though I am not offended in the least?

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
What makes you think that Breanna was in any way offended or upset by his comments? Because you are offended? What one person finds offensive may not be offensive in the slightest bit to someone else. Why should Geno express regret if the person he was making the comment about was not at all bothered by it?

I choose to laugh my way through life, through the serious mishaps as well as the just generally DOPEY things I do. I laugh at myself, and along with those who tease me over the goofy things I do, even the more serious experiences. I fell off a horse, lost consciousness for 10 minutes. I suffered a serious concussion, with lasting effects of loss of sense of smell (probably 95+% lost) and loss or altered sense of taste. But, I can laugh at it and at the jokes people make at my affliction and for falling off the horse. I also lost the top third of my right index finger. I am an "amputee", and yet I find it hysterical when my family calls me "Stumpy", or say "don't point that stubby little thing at me!" or "give he a high 4 1/2". Am I wrong in guessing you find their comments to be out of line and believe these people owe me an apology even though I am not offended in the least?

And I truly admire the way you have made hot toddies with the lemons life has handed you. May you continue to live well, love life and prosper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom