If Blauds was the NBE Commish, here's what he'd do | The Boneyard

If Blauds was the NBE Commish, here's what he'd do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://ajerseyguy.com/

He goes on to reference making this final BE conference tourney like an Irish Wake...maybe it will be our body in the casket since we aren't allowed to participate.

Reaction Score
As a longtime stockholder in McD I think it's a great idea. Gotta keep pushing the price up.

Reaction Score
image.jpg

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
There is a reason he's a hack sports writer and not a marketing exec

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The BMAC.

He wants to call it the Big Mac and he thinks we should call McDonald's to talk sponsorship.

Mike Aresco - "Hello? McDonald's? Mikey A, here. I want to talk sponsorship - we're the Big Mac, you're the Big Mac, let's do this thing!"

McDonald's - "Soooo....we'll be sending a cease and desist. Okay, thanks, bye."

Honestly, when the zombie apocalypse comes, I am going to use sportswriters as bait. They really have no place in nature.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
The McDonald's stuff is nonsense but you what I would like to see? An annual series against the C7 in basketball. Call it the Big East - Big East challenge. Just like the old Big East - ACC challenge which I have very fond memories of. I would absolutely love that but it probably won't happen because it makes too much sense.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So he wouldn't actually do anything.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
So he wants to name the conference after a cheeseburger.

Wow.

Reaction Score
So, essentially, his advice to Aresco is to give a rah-rah speech to convince the league that, if they try really, really hard, they can be the 6th best league in America!

Reaction Score
There's already a MAC & a MAAC. Blauds is hyping guilt by association. He wants UConn & the dwarfs to trumpet:
1. How small time they've become
2. Synonymous with a "2 all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun"

Honestly, not the breakfast to start my day.:confused:

Reaction Score
In fairness though, we're going to hate whatever name Aresco comes up with.

The best idea I saw was Kevin Duffy's - Bigg East.

Reaction Score
I like Blaud's positive thinking. This guy should be hired by the Big East. He has promoted the Big East better than anyone else out there. He might be corny and miss the mark sometimes but I have look forward to all his articles on realignment. Everyone else in the media seemed bent on Destroying the Big East. There's nothing wrong with a little rah rah. Someone's got to do it. Since we're stuck in this conference, we might as well try to dominate it.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
How about Motel 12...

Some of us will be moving on in the morning...don't worry, we won't forget to tip the maid on the way out.

Reaction Score
That really was a lame write up. I don't care if he does have “sources “, that was close to the ramblings of a lunatic. Big Mac? Talk about stupid.

Reaction Score
I like Blaud's positive thinking. This guy should be hired by the Big East. He has promoted the Big East better than anyone else out there. He might be corny and miss the mark sometimes but I have look forward to all his articles on realignment. Everyone else in the media seemed bent on Destroying the Big East. There's nothing wrong with a little rah rah. Someone's got to do it. Since we're stuck in this conference, we might as well try to dominate it.
I haven't minded him in the past either, but that big entry reminded me of the saying that is better to be quiet and thought of as an idiot than to open up your mouth and eliminate all doubt.

Reaction Score

Ha! ... Blauds?? Is that you?

Just in case you haven't figured it out by reading this thread - The BMAC idea is terrible. Thank you, and stay bloggin'

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Sticking with the food theme. How about Big-Fil-A?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Lame, but the metro idea has some validity. All this league has going for it, besides UConn, is that the schools are (besides UConn and ECU) mostly urban. Somehow they need to play that up. Big Metro Conference might be where we end up.

Reaction Score
Ha! ... Blauds?? Is that you?

Just in case you haven't figured it out by reading this thread - The BMAC idea is terrible. Thank you, and stay bloggin'
Nah, I'm too skinny to be Blauds. I don't care for the BMAC idea either, but as a whole, this guy as been a net positive for the Big East regarding his articles

Reaction Score
I'm puzzled why we give up the Big East name. Big East has a lot of brand equity and recognition. Why sell that to C7 for something like $3 million? Am I missing something?

Reaction Score
BIG STP. We could get the old motor elixer making company (for those old enough to remember Andy Granatelli) to kick in ten or twenty bucks to sponsor. Yep the BIG STP. (Steaming Turd Pile)
This is so depressing. This is still all about football and nobody takes us seriously. We were kidding ourselves about our relevance. It's like we are starting from scratch.

Reaction Score
Lame, but the metro idea has some validity. All this league has going for it, besides UConn, is that the schools are (besides UConn and ECU) mostly urban. Somehow they need to play that up. Big Metro Conference might be where we end up.
As in Big Metro Sexual? Next!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104