If Benedict does pick Edsall, he will need a very convincing explanation | The Boneyard

If Benedict does pick Edsall, he will need a very convincing explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tallly his record a couple of years after the transition to 1 A. Throw in a BCS bid and over 20 players in the NFL. Then add his successful assistant coaches Orlando Moorehead Ambrose. Richardson. Mix in graduation rates. Home attendance. Two conference championships That win at notes Dame. The bowl win against South Carolina. Then. Compare that to the successes since he left. St. Petersburg bowl appearance. Nail biter against the. Maine black bears etc. think we might be able to fashion a good press releases imho

Reaction Score
I'm coming home, I'm coming home I could hear it playing during ticket promos.

Reaction Score
Tallly his record a couple of years after the transition to 1 A. Throw in a BCS bid and over 20 players in the NFL. Then add his successful assistant coaches Orlando Moorehead Ambrose. Richardson. Mix in graduation rates. Home attendance. Two conference championships That win at notes Dame. The bowl win against South Carolina. Then. Compare that to the successes since he left. St. Petersburg bowl appearance. Nail biter against the. Maine black bears etc. think we might be able to fashion a good press releases imho
I'm gonna bet that the number of season ticket holders..those of us remaining who won't renew with the Edsall hiring will cancel out the number who sign on.

Reaction Score
Benedict's explanation: " I couldn't get anyone else".

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
preach it Skiblets!

Reaction Score

He won't even need words, just point to a panorama of the Rent crowd vs Tulane. That would be good enough for me.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I'm still having trouble balancing the nostalgia-itis with the seeming desperation required to go this route.

Let's Pro/Con a potential RE return, I'm trying to keep it more related to potential wins and losses, but if you want to throw in some of the atmospherics, go ahead.

Pro: We know he can build a competitive program from nothing, and we are scarily close to nothing right now as a program.

Con: That was a different era, we were in the P6 and the newness of it all covered a lot of warts.

Reaction Score
I would pay any amount to bring that back.

I challenge anyone to listen to that and tell me it does not bring back great memories. Great orchestra version, by the way.

One of the problems with the P hire that hasn't been mentioned enough is that his animosity with Edsall led him to think he had to move away from literally anything done here under Edsall. Instead of what would have happened with a coach who didn't have a past with Edsall, which was to build and improve upon what had been working and traditions that had been started.

Reaction Score
Crazy as crazy can. Are we talking about the guy who got fired at Maryland (his dream job) because he couldn't win there with all the pipeline of local recruits? The guy who thinks he is a P5 coach and nothing below. Yes. Bring him back and in 3 years lock the door and bury the key to FB for good.

Reaction Score
Benedict did mention selling more tickets. I highly doubt Edsall will increase the season ticket base much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom