If all goes right, UConn men’s basketball team will return to practice on Thursday (Borges) | The Boneyard

If all goes right, UConn men’s basketball team will return to practice on Thursday (Borges)

Reaction Score
I don't see how they can possibly get through conference play(as well as non-conference play) with a mandatory two week quarantine for a positive test and no bubble.

Reaction Score
I don't understand the 14 day rule if they are testing every other day and isolating players...

I know there are schools not following a 14 day rule for that exact reason. They really should pivot away from this or it will be very difficult to facilitate a season.

Reaction Score
I know there are schools not following a 14 day rule for that exact reason. They really should pivot away from this or it will be very difficult to facilitate a season.
14 days is completely nonsensical. The average incubation time is less than 5 days, which is what the NFL is doing for “close contact” players. Even if they extend that out to a week, fine..but if we’re missing 2 weeks every time a positive around the program pops up we aren’t going to play a single game

Reaction Score
If you have access to testing and can get negative tests on days 3, 5, and 7 from possible contact I'm not sure why you can't be back on day 8 or 9. You're still going to keep testing anyway so it seems like you're just burning time after day 7. Maybe stretch to 9 days but 14 seems random as if 2 weeks were crossed off a calendar.

Reaction Score
If you have access to testing and can get negative tests on days 3, 5, and 7 from possible contact I'm not sure why you can't be back on day 8 or 9. You're still going to keep testing anyway so it seems like you're just burning time after day 7. Maybe stretch to 9 days but 14 seems random as if 2 weeks were crossed off a calendar.

Damned Science!!!

"About 97% of the people who get infected and develop symptoms will do so within 11 to 12 days, and about 99% will within 14 days. So that 14-day quarantine is being considered the outside "safety" margin, Graham says, to be certain you haven't developed an infection that you could spread to others."

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Damned Science!!!

"About 97% of the people who get infected and develop symptoms will do so within 11 to 12 days, and about 99% will within 14 days. So that 14-day quarantine is being considered the outside "safety" margin, Graham says, to be certain you haven't developed an infection that you could spread to others."

That's talking about symptoms, though, and doesn't factor in if the individual is testing every other day like in this scenario.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
About 97% of the people who get infected and develop symptoms will do so within 11 to 12 days, and about 99% will within 14 days
"Developing symptoms" is different than "testing positive." One would think that testing would eliminate the need to wait full two weeks.

Link to Huffpost Article

There are no firm numbers on how long it takes to get an accurate positive test result. The time from exposure to the onset of symptoms is around two to 14 days, according to Harvard Health. Most people’s symptoms appear around day five, on average.

It’s recommended that you wait to get tested for at least two to three days after potential exposure. Some health experts say five days after exposure might be a good testing point, since that’s the median time when symptoms usually appear. If you don’t have any symptoms, you still may want to get tested a few times — once about two or three days after exposure, and once again later on in the 14-day incubation period.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom