Idyll's of March | The Boneyard

Idyll's of March

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In Roman times, a Roman & Greek were walking together. Roman Geno, in sandals & without socks spoke, A strange thing happened to me on the way to the forum, today'. The Greek responded, 'Beware of the idyll's of March'. Fast forward today, UConn Geno, in shoes without socks, says 'Beware of the Idyll's of the NCAA tournament!.

Reaction Score
Starting Five, 44 B.C.

funny_thing_happened_on_the_way_to_the_forum.jpg.728x520_q85.jpg

Reaction Score
Wonk, is the lucky guy in that photo, then Caesar or Antony?

Reaction Score
Wonk, is the lucky guy in that photo, then Caesar or Antony?

Neither.

The guy in the picture was very unlucky, because he was born about 2,000 years ahead of his time. That's Zero Motels.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
or, Mostel, in "A Funny Thing Happened on the way to the Forum". Comedy Tonight!

Reaction Score
Oy! Where do you think I got the Zero Motels thing from? You spoiled it for everybody else.

Take your meds, you'll probably be OK.

Sent from my 'RRHOIDS COLONIC Using Crapatalk

grizz36

Misabe Mukwa
Reaction Score
Oy! Where do you think I got the Zero Motels thing from? You spoiled it for everybody else.

Naw! Brer bear got the right mostel, just the wrong vroom.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Naw! Brer bear got the right mostel, just the wrong vroom.

Hope he went with his cup of mare's sweat ... or Donkey sweat... it was definitely a beast's sweat...a mind is a horrible thing to waste!

Reaction Score

I'm Wonkster's newly hired interpreter, whose job it is to explain his jokes & puns. Yes it's a pun on Zero Mostel, but for those who are comedy challenged, I'll explain the deeper meaning. Note our hero is surrounded by beautiful women, but in 44 BC, motels had not yet been invented. Therefore he had nowhere to take them thus Zero Motels. Begin ROFLYAO.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
In the words of the late, great, Gilda Radner (as Lisa Loopner)..
"That's so funny, I forgot to laugh!":D

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
OMG Pinot you are a MT Carvers' Pinotbear. Their Hometown is mine (No. Wonkster, it is not one of the 3 towns I offered you earlier today) Sadly, I must ask: Were you made in MT or China? Made in MT = Big Dinerooh Made in China = 1 yuan - import duty - fuel surtax - Chinese coast of carrying dollar and surpressing the yuan...Ooops, I am wandering again. :confused:

Reaction Score
I'm Wonkster's newly hired interpreter, whose job it is to explain his jokes & puns. Yes it's a pun on Zero Mostel, but for those who are comedy challenged, I'll explain the deeper meaning. Note our hero is surrounded by beautiful women, but in 44 BC, motels had not yet been invented. Therefore he had nowhere to take them thus Zero Motels. Begin ROFLYAO.

Motels is more than a pun on Mostel, it's an anagram of Mostel. Much harder to successfully work anagrams into a joke.

A few paperwork details now, if you don't mind. If you're going to work for me as an independent contractor I won't be taking social security deductions from your check, but you have to pay the employer's half as well as your own half to Washington. Also, you can't have a fixed desk at my office, nor are you allowed to work a regular schedule as determined by any manager at Wonkster Industries.

Agreed?

Reaction Score
Motels is more than a pun on Mostel, it's an anagram of Mostel. Much harder to successfully work anagrams into a joke.

A few paperwork details now, if you don't mind. If you're going to work for me as an independent contractor I won't be taking social security deductions from your check, but you have to pay the employer's half as well as your own half to Washington. Also, you can't have a fixed desk at my office, nor are you allowed to work a regular schedule as determined by any manager at Wonkster Industries.

Agreed?
Regarding your offer, I have a policy, Wonkster Regarding salary. " Know: Must sell at tallest sum, Wonk." Palendromes are even harder than anagrams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom