IDENTIFY YOURSELF! | The Boneyard

IDENTIFY YOURSELF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I don't post on this board often but I truly enjoy watching the UCONN Women's Basketball Team play and catch most games.

I'm watching the Cal game today and keep thinking to myself that there's one crazy student in the crowd who is leading cheers that are so loud they're drowning out the play by play. Just a few seconds ago that same "student" got some serious airplay on ESPN as well as a shout-out from the announcers.

Anyone know who this guy is? UCONN should pay him for the free marketing he just gave us for two hours! Well done my friend.

hair.PNG

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I don't post on this board often but I truly enjoy watching the UCONN Women's Basketball Team play and catch most games.

I'm watching the Cal game today and keep thinking to myself that there's one crazy student in the crowd who is leading cheers that are so loud they're drowning out the play by play. Just a few seconds ago that same "student" just got some serious airplay on ESPN as well as a shout-out from the announcers.

Anyone know who this guy is? UCONN should pay him for the free marketing he just gave us for two hours! Well done my friend!

View attachment 4565
That is Boneyard poster DannyKUconn

Reaction Score
He was awesome during the Duke game. Lead the Uconn fans in a couple of great cheers. The Duke fans sitting in front of me were not enamored with him but we appreciated his efforts!

HGN

Reaction Score
He is the Boneyard Extension.....Our rep at the game. We all want to be there. But when we can't all be there , DannyK sits in for us.

Reaction Score
DannyK certainly got a lot of screen time on the national broadcast.... more than some of Cal's players! Carolyn Peck even added some DannyK color commentary.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
He is the Boneyard Extension.....Our rep at the game. We all want to be there. But when we can't all be there , DannyK sits in for us.

Agreed. He's literally the voice of Husky Nation.

He made another loyal fan today. For those of us old enough to remember the 1986 MLB playoffs, DannyK is the most disruptive fan I can remember since the lady who sat behind home plate and rolled her arms every pitch. For the love of me I can't remember what team she rooted for. Was she a Sox fan? I Googled every mix of search words I could think of and can't find a pic of her!

$100 to your favorite charity if you're the 1st to post a picture of her!

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
The only problem with Danny is that his commentary on the game is a lot better than the gamecasters'.

Pam: "Carolyn, why is this game such a mismatch?"
Carolyn: "UConn has better X's and O's, and they are playing really hard."
DannyK: (guttural intonation at 115 DB) "UConnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!"

Pam: "Ah sorry about that interruption. Carolyn, looking ahead, what do you see as the games we should keep our eyes on?"
Carolyn: "I think Duke is a team to watch if they play hard. Stanford and Notre Dame could really make things interesting if they play hard too."
DannyK" (Braveheart type exhortation at 125 DBs with reverse spin on those 20+ spheroids around his cranium) "UConnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!"

All that WCBB needs this year is a show with Tonyc doing the commentary and DannyK doing the chorus. Nothing more, nothing less.

Reaction Score

55.50 time there she is... Give it to one of your charities... I just did this to solve a puzzle...:)

Reaction Score
Nice try, Nozzo.

What???? Play it at the 55 minute time and 50 sec and she is in the stands rolling her arms...Don't want your money anyway, but there she is....IN RED...

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
What???? Play it at the 55 minute time and 50 sec and she is in the stands rolling her arms...Don't want your money anyway, but there she is....IN RED...

My bad, I missed it the first time I looked.

You win, Nazzo! Please see my post on the football board for details.

Reaction Score
They don't get much more exciting than that. Picture of Oil Can in the dugout was classic. For all the games I attended at Shea when the place was dead, you could hear the roar when that team was making things happen as they turned things around in the early 80's. The other frenzy was clinching the pennant against the Cubs. Traveled to Philly for a disappointing series then waited it out until Doc got the nod for that game. It was a good move.

Another interesting note was the Giants game played during game 7:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Nozzo, you better check that football board post, cause it's a little different than you think. And it's going to a good cause (of your choice).

Big hat tip to formerlurker. btw, that lady is awesome.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Perhaps the most legendary fan of all was one Hilda Chester of Brooklyn Dodgers/Ebbetts Field fame. Second place? The "sign man" for the early Mets in Shea stadium.

Historians, take note.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
where is Ted with the Dr Seuss hat... Im sure he loves Stewie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics