Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Better group of schools.
More money.
More visionary leadership.
More stability.
The B10 network.
Better football.
The B10 has won the last two ACC/B10 challenges.
We would be a/the dominate BB program.
Maybe Calhoun could get a Michigan player.

As the dominoes fall, the ACC will lose FSU and Virginia Tech (maybe more) to the SEC. Syracuse and Pitt panicked, they would have made more money staying put and the ACCs till isn't in a strong position. But now that the wheel is spinning, we should go the conference that is in our best interest. WE have much to offer the B10, hope they see it.

Reaction Score
Don't you think we'd get our asses kicked in football every year? At least with the ACC we'd have a chance...

Reaction Score
As I see some of your points, I just can't stand Big Ten basketball. I really hope we do not become a member of the Big Ten, although I feel like we would dominate it year in and year out. I'd prefer the ACC but man I am going to miss the Big East. Went to the Big East championship game this year for the first time, had floor seats, and it was the best sporting experience of my life. There is nothing that compares to a Saturday night in MSG for the Big East title. Sorry if I got a little off topic..

Reaction Score
I agree: Big10 if we have a choice. I don't think we do, but that would be the preference. It would take us a while to get up to speed in football. We can play with IN, IL and NW.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
I agree: Big10 if we have a choice. I don't think we do, but that would be the preference. It would take us a while to get up to speed in football. We can play with IN, IL and NW.
And purdue and Minnesota.

Reaction Score
I agree, Big 10 by a wide margin. The ACC will still struggle to remain relevant in football and I think we would make the Big 10 that much better in basketball (and other sports). Plus, I would hate to join the group of schools that led to the collapse of our conference.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
And purdue and Minnesota.
... and Ohio State... and Penn State.... seriously right now outside of Wisconsin and Michigan State... who looks that daunting. (This is of course assuming we get a QB at some point in time in the next two years. ) :D

Reaction Score
Pointless -- we have no choice. We're essentially begging at this point.

Reaction Score
How soon we forget.

It took the basketball program a little while to compete with Syracuse, G'town, St. Johns, Nova, et al. But in the long run, that is what made us a national champion.

It's even tougher in football but the rewards are greater in the B10.

Reaction Score
I have to agree that the first conference we are talking to that says yes is the winner- we are coming to them hat in hand. That said I realize why this is being done- but I am a basketball fan first and the ACC would be a lot more interesting in that regard. The whole thing sucks.

Reaction Score
I know we have a long way to go in football but the last decade or so the B1G has been an extremely overrated football conference. They have the traditional powers obviously but outside of Ohio State every other program has had their ups and downs - with downs to a rather extreme. Michigan has been a disaster though they may be back on the right track, Penn State is bad this year and who knows what'll happen post-JoePa era. They pretty much put together a conference contender once every five years. MSU stays a notch below those programs. Wisconsin and Nebraska are on a high right now but both have had recent runs of mediocrity. What the ACC is to basketball, they are to football.

IU, Northwestern, Purdue - we're already better than those programs. Minnesota and Illinois aren't anything special that we can't surpass if we haven't already.

No one thought we'd survive with Syracuse, Georgetown and St. John's 25 years ago and I think we did okay. There's no reason we should be afraid of the B1G IMO even if we never make it near the top in football.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
we will be lucky if either league decides to accept us. at this point we are the ones doing the begging/asking/pursuing. if i had a preference, sure the big 10 is a stronger FB conference, especially if FSU and VA Tech were to jump to the SEC, or wherever, but i just want UCONN to end up in a league and not stuck in the big east.

Reaction Score
The leagues also have to be pro-active. And UConn offers a lot.

The B10 is beginning to look like the midwest regional league. If they are serious about growing the B10 Network. Then the northeast is where they have to go and there is no one left except UConn and Rutgers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom