I Wonder | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I Wonder

Status
Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I suggested that it might be a factor and its likely that it was.

Reaction Score
VauConn

No one was going home, they were going back to Storrs to prepare for the game

Then, it is possible that there were no planes available to charter due to the holidays and/or the weather and/or the location(by location, I am surmising that maybe there were no planes available in Eugene. another plane would have to be dead headed to Eugene to pick the team up, but the costs start mounting from the time the plane leaves its dead head origin). Charter flight costs are a function of equipment and time. The plane UConn normally charters is probably not capable of a cross country trip without refueling. Tick, tick, tick. Chartering an aircraft capable of making the cross country trip without refueling was probably too expensive. There was a time when the NBA teams flew exclusively commercial, albeit first class. Yes, it is tiring, but these are young athletes. How much time do they need to recover from a cross country trip? Certainly not five days.
Again, I will inquire of the athletic department.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If she's healthy, I'll take my chances on a KML shot at the end of the game. Anywhere inside 22' or so.

Reaction Score
I don't think any practice had anything to do with Bria & Breanna having sub-par games. They were like that vs Oregon so it's clear they're in some kind of slump. I hope the Horde doesn't waste any time chasing down ramblings from a couple of idiots that are clearly knowledgeable about UConn.

I agree that they're idiots, but what we have here is a report that the team underwent a tough practice right before the game. If that is unusual -- and it sounds like it is -- this is a legitimate lead that's worth chasing down, even if it's only asking one simple 20-second question and listening really hard at the answer.

The fact is, there are varying levels of persistence and skill represented in the members of the Horde, but even if there's nothing to this report, it is worth asking about, because almost every question is worth asking to someone. What would you rather they spend their time on? Cutesy features and puff pieces about nothing in particular? Seems to me that some of them already do their share of those.

Reaction Score
For what it's worth, IMHO the plan theory is interesting but unlikely. If they'd taken a charter they might have been more refreshed for a gave that occurred several days later, but it's the ultimate in hypotheticals.

Reaction Score
Geez, UConn fans, our ND visitor has it right. Murphy and Criqui didn't show me an awful lot of knowledge of the goings-on at UConn so it's more than possible a basic run-through is what passes for a killer practice for them. Why anyone would take the word of those two clowns - and, please Lord, let me never, ever, ever hear them do another women's basketball game - amazes me.

Word.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
KML on 3 pointers at start of game: .522
Faris on 2 pointers at start of game: .674 while some are bunnies, many are not.
A contested running 12 footer is not a .5 shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom