I wish an enterprising reporter would sort this all out. | The Boneyard

I wish an enterprising reporter would sort this all out.

Reaction Score
Yeah, we had a historically bad year. Losing record.

But this off season defies explanation. Usually the traveling press that follows the team spends the off season regurgitating UConn press releases. But there is a real story here. Seriously, is any of them interested in WTF is going on? Something ties this together. Something started the stampede. What is actually happening behind the curtain?

You would think this is a big juicy story. One of them should wake up from their nap.

Reaction Score

But this off season defies explanation. Usually the traveling press that follows the team spends the off season regurgitating UConn press releases. But there is a real story here. Seriously, is any of them interested in WTF is going on? Something ties this together. Something started the stampede. What is actually happening behind the curtain?

You would think this is a big juicy story. One of them should wake up from their nap.

I will be on campus tomorrow and will sniff around. I may even earn a Selden Ring Award from it.

C

Chief00

So you want Jacobs to put together a story after he reads the BY?

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Remember when our media following was referred to as The Horde?

Reaction Score
Anybody still think KO is a top recruiter? He's lost most of that top 5 class he got credit for. And he has 2 100 level recruits coming in. Now that is impressive recruiting!

Reaction Score
Anybody still think KO is a top recruiter? He's lost most of that top 5 class he got credit for. And he has 2 100 level recruits coming in. Now that is impressive recruiting!

If Polley and Carlton are underrated (as many think they are), then it fact it is...

Reaction Score
At some point there has to be an article with an interview with Ollie to talk about what's going on and what Ollie will be doing this offseason to make sure UConn is successful in the near future. After the 2006-2007 season, Calhoun's only season where UConn wasn't in either the NIT or NCAA Tournament, there were at least 6 articles with quotes from Calhoun talking about the season and what they were going to do in the offseason to make sure they didn't have a season like that again. Has anyone seen any quotes from Ollie in the last few weeks? The beat writers should be doing something besides reporting all the departures.

Some quotes from Calhoun after missing the post season for the first time since his first year at UConn.

"I'm not sitting back anyplace," Calhoun said. "We will have a better team that shows up on the floor next year. It's not a group of selfish kids that don't care. They just don't understand. They will understand over the next six to seven months."

“I feel (a sense of determination) more now than I did during the season,” he said. “I think for the first time (the players) are starting to get the fact that it wasn't a good season. They've been told enough. No one has beaten them up. But what I've said is, 'who wants to go through this again?'”

“I have great faith in the fact that we can be significantly better if we work hard with a purpose and a mission that we seemed to be missing at times this year,” Calhoun said. “They didn't know where to turn. As much as I talked to them and as much as we tried to do things, it still comes back to the fact that you've got to give people opportunity to develop.

“... And we've proven over the years that our teams — good, bad or indifferent — have always become better. This is one of the few teams that didn't get better and at the end of the season didn't necessarily leave you with as much hope. but left you with more questions.”

Reaction Score
At some point there has to be an article with an interview with Ollie to talk about what's going on and what Ollie will be doing this offseason to make sure UConn is successful in the near future. After the 2006-2007 season, Calhoun's only season where UConn wasn't in either the NIT or NCAA Tournament, there were at least 6 articles with quotes from Calhoun talking about the season and what they were going to do in the offseason to make sure they didn't have a season like that again. Has anyone seen any quotes from Ollie in the last few weeks? The beat writers should be doing something besides reporting all the departures.

Some quotes from Calhoun after missing the post season for the first time since his first year at UConn.

"I'm not sitting back anyplace," Calhoun said. "We will have a better team that shows up on the floor next year. It's not a group of selfish kids that don't care. They just don't understand. They will understand over the next six to seven months."

“I feel (a sense of determination) more now than I did during the season,” he said. “I think for the first time (the players) are starting to get the fact that it wasn't a good season. They've been told enough. No one has beaten them up. But what I've said is, 'who wants to go through this again?'”

“I have great faith in the fact that we can be significantly better if we work hard with a purpose and a mission that we seemed to be missing at times this year,” Calhoun said. “They didn't know where to turn. As much as I talked to them and as much as we tried to do things, it still comes back to the fact that you've got to give people opportunity to develop.

“... And we've proven over the years that our teams — good, bad or indifferent — have always become better. This is one of the few teams that didn't get better and at the end of the season didn't necessarily leave you with as much hope. but left you with more questions.”
And right on cue I see the thread with some quotes from Ollie through the twitter of Dave Borges.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom