I watched everyone's film. And was most impressed by... | The Boneyard

I watched everyone's film. And was most impressed by...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kyle Bockeloh, the center from Houston. Although he played guard on much of the film. The kid is a rocket on the offensive line. I've rarely seen a lineman move that well, he was at the second level in a blink. He looked powerful, got great leverage and push, and is extremely athletic.

The caveat, of course, is we don't know the level of competition. But it almost doesn't matter. If he moved that well at 265, which I believe he weighed in those clips, he'll still be an amazing athlete at 290.

So watching the film, who impressed you?

Reaction Score
I was gonna start a similar type thread later today when I had more time. There are a few guys that stood out to me: Sylva, Norris, Jhavon Williams, and Whitmer. I'll go into more detail later when I have time.

Reaction Score
Kyle Bockeloh, the center from Houston. Although he played guard on much of the film. The kid is a rocket on the offensive line. I've rarely seen a lineman move that well, he was at the second level in a blink. He looked powerful, got great leverage and push, and is extremely athletic.

The caveat, of course, is we don't know the level of competition. But it almost doesn't matter. If he moved that well at 265, which I believe he weighed in those clips, he'll still be an amazing athlete at 290.

So watching the film, who impressed you?

Joe Williams can run really fast. Even in slow motion, he's really fast. Shane Day looks like Mike Martz guy. Looks and sounds like he could be on Wall Street running a fortune 500 as easily as coaching NFL QB's. If first impressions mean anything, I think we're in good hands there at that position on the field.

Reaction Score
If Bockeloh was an Air Force recruit, I assume he would have to be able to run well for an offensive lineman since they run the option.

Reaction Score
Side note on Bockeloh.....turns out he did report to the AFA and got mono. They honorably discharged him in the summer. That's how he ended up here.

Reaction Score
I agree on Bockeloh, he could be a Mo Petrus like 4 year starter. I also like the fact that he has the smarts to make the O-line calls.

I loved what I saw from the Whitmer highlights, he looks very athletic, big arm, and I didn't realize he can RUN! like that.

Joe Williams looks like a contender to play next year also, just a flat out stud athlete, I don't know how he remained so under the radar but I am glad he did.

I also liked the couple highlights from the Maryland transfer linebacker, we are going to have alot of depth at linebacker next year.

The kid from Hillhouse is a House!. He pancaked a couple on the film.

Zach Rugg looked physically mature beyond his age, maybe another Zach Hurd.

The great thing about this class is that we will get alot of immediate help next year.

Reaction Score
Bockeloh definitely drive blocks with the best of them... all OL we picked up showed that ability.. One thing I didn't see much of us pass blocking... that remains to be seen...

Reaction Score
I was gonna start a similar type thread later today when I had more time. There are a few guys that stood out to me: Sylva, Norris, Jhavon Williams, and Whitmer. I'll go into more detail later when I have time.

Good list here. Another to add is Clax, whom I think will be a solid wrap up tackler somewhere on defense.

Reaction Score
I think we have 2 really solid QB prospects here. I really was impressed by Whitmer's film. I noticed an above average pocket presence and the ability to make all the throws. I would be very surprised if he is not starting against UMass. Cochran is solid as well, but at this stage in their development, I think Whitmer was noticably more polished than Casey. Ideally I would like to see Casey redshirt to get a 2 year separation from Whitmer.

Norris, from what uconnbill told me last night, was an under recruited kid out of DC. I saw a quicker version of Lindsay Witten on film. And he's thicker than Witten was as a HS Senior. Love this kid coming off the edge.

Sylva just looks like a football player. Excellent speed for a kid his size. Good football instincts as well.

Williams can flat out play the corner position. Good size and ball skills.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I really like Norris and think he will be a star here at defensive end or outside linebacker in a rush position ala Ware from Dallas.

Whitmer throws a beautiful ball and has a knack in the pocket for escaping the pass rush. He is a better athlete than I thought he would be.

Ricky Gutierrez showed great leaping ability in going to the corner of the end zone for the ball. His being hurt a good part of the year helped UConn here a lot. Another terrific athlete.

Reaction Score
I really like Norris and think he will be a star here at defensive end or outside linebacker in a rush position ala Ware from Dallas.

Whitmer throws a beautiful ball and has a knack in the pocket for escaping the pass rush. He is a better athlete than I thought he would be.

Ricky Gutierrez showed great leaping ability in going to the corner of the end zone for the ball. His being hurt a good part of the year helped UConn here a lot. Another terrific athlete.

The Gutierrez kid will have to win me over. His father was on that 04 Red Sox team. He ain't off to a good start in my eyes.

Reaction Score
I like the Lb's in this group, it seems to be the switch to 3-4 will be more prevalent next year. I also like the speed at the ends, kind of reminds me what the NYG's did with their D-line and OLB. Speed kills-and it's the biggest difference I've seen against the bigger teams. OU, WV, etc..

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
like most here i like norris alot and think highly of sylva.

Pal what film of rennick did you watch? i asume it was at the dinner? there is not much out there on him. i was told from some1 who saw him a couple times that hes solid. he didn't do alot of off season camps and stuff like that so not many know about him.

both of the williams and john green film wise look great also.

anyone find good film on santos? not much fball wise out there, just him beasting kids on the mat.

im going to put the entire class in a thread soon(feb edition) so hopefully the films for most i will find.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The Gutierrez kid will have to win me over. His father was on that 04 Red Sox team. He ain't off to a good start in my eyes.

If he can make big plays and score a number of touchdowns. I can forgive him for his father's past indiscretion.

Reaction Score
If he can make big plays and score a number of touchdowns. I can forgive him for his father's past indiscretion.

I like the kid as a WR. Catches everything with his hands. RedSox Nation baby!!

Reaction Score

Did anyone else watch this video of Ellis Marder and come away thinking he would be better on offense than defense? Great cutback moves. Looks like a heck of an athlete. Dez indicated a number of programs were trying to poach him on Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom