I Watched Baylor Annihilate OK Last Night (TV). It Appears UConn Is in for a Tussle! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

I Watched Baylor Annihilate OK Last Night (TV). It Appears UConn Is in for a Tussle!

Reaction Score
If UCONN can hit 8+ three pointers I’m going

UCONN 81
Baylor 72

If they fail to meet that mark
UCONN 69
Baylor 77

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
You guys will beat Baylor by double digits; please make Kim throw a jacket.

I’d rather see her throw a fit because her game plan didn't work. No matter who she puts on the floor, or what adjustments she makes, UConn continues to overcome all of her strategic maneuvers, continues to pull away as they control the game, and gets it done. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Lady Bears are long and strong and athletic.... also very experienced. UConn is going to need to play a great game in order win. I think we will need substantial contributions from Anna and/or Aubrey, as well as improved scoring from Christyn. Meg, Liv and Crystal will need to continue their mostly excellent play, with Liv staying out of foul trouble.
Let's hope the home crowd is worth some points, especially since Baylor hasn't really played any away games yet.
It is difficult to believe that Baylor lost a game. I think it was to South Carolina....and that is worrisome, as well ( amazing recruiting class, etc ). Nonetheless, Baylor is huge and deep...not to mention highly athletic at the guard positions. Uconn currently has 4 all star level players, a solid senior, and two developing freshmen. They have the capacity to be great on any given night. But they have not confronted anyone as big as Baylor. Olivia would torment them if she were hitting her outside shot with confidence. But that hasn't happened as yet. She is still an outstanding force. Danger, Williams and Megan must be at their best ( they usually are ). And Kyla must not go into shooting shell, just because the opponent is Baylor, not SMU. The two freshman will not take a leap in effectiveness just four days after the SMU game. They are developing nicely, but we cannot expect much more than they have shown. We have great coaching and so does Baylor. I think we can out coach them, so it will come down to execution. We cannot have the unforced turnovers we have exhibited in some games. It will be quite the test. Methinks Baylor has the edge. This edge will shift if/when Olivia becomes a quality shooter from the outside. Uconn can win this game. But we have to get AAA performances from everyone to do so.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Beating UConn in Waco with Kalani Brown in your lineup is a lot different than beating UConn in Hartford with only one true big.

Query: What will this game say if Baylor wins? What will it say if UConn wins? :eek:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Query: What will this game say if Baylor wins? What will it say if UConn wins? :eek:
Depends on the margin. If it’s a close game, no matter who wins, the message is far more muted than if one team soundly beats the other. A close game tells me that either team can win a rematch that could well occur in the FF. If one team soundly beats the other it would imply that the winner is really good, with championship potential, while the loser is probably not ready for the big stage this season.

Reaction Score
So let me turn this around. So far its been about what UConn needs to do extra to beat Baylor.... Based on the lackluster game against OK, what does Baylor need to do extra to beat UConn? Discuss.

Reaction Score
So let me turn this around. So far its been about what UConn needs to do extra to beat Baylor.... Based on the lackluster game against OK, what does Baylor need to do extra to beat UConn? Discuss.

If Baylor owns the boards on both ends, it will be very difficult for UConn to win - they would have to shoot a very high percentage. This is where Baylor's size & depth will play a huge factor. Geno might need to take chances and have his guards crash the boards.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom