I was wondering about QB skills and physical attributes | The Boneyard

I was wondering about QB skills and physical attributes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can Scott develop into an accurate passer to go with his size, speed and running acumen? How and why/why not.

When I played I was not a very good passer and I believe this was because I had small hands.

A baseball pitcher is analyzed from head to toe physically and mentally and his vision and attitude are factors. How about QBs?

Is it all about footwork, experience, size and arm strength? Or, can some muscles be stretched and some physical therapy done to make a passer better? Do small hands doom you as a QB?

Some one who knows please chime in...

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Speaking to the small hands issue, I'm think it was Alex Smith struggled early in the NFL because his hands were too small and it took him a while to adjust to the different ball size.

Reaction Score
McCummings has ugly throwing mechanics. A very strong arm but his mechanics are terrible. It seems unlikely that it can be corrected because it would have been corrected by now and trying to mess with it at this point might just make his accuracy worse. That said there is no reason why he can't improve on his accuracy even with bad mechanics. He just needs repetition and confidence.

Reaction Score
McCummings has ugly throwing mechanics. A very strong arm but his mechanics are terrible. It seems unlikely that it can be corrected because it would have been corrected by now and trying to mess with it at this point might just make his accuracy worse. That said there is no reason why he can't improve on his accuracy even with bad mechanics. He just needs repetition and confidence.

He has no touch on the ball, whether he is throwing it 5 yards or 50 yards. It is just a rocket coming out of his hand. If he could ever become just a competent passer, he would be fantastic. As it is, he is very good as a running option. Got better as the year went along, too, which is nice to see.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Speaking to the small hands issue, I'm think it was Alex Smith struggled early in the NFL because his hands were too small and it took him a while to adjust to the different ball size.
Different size ball??? Every high school, college and NFL game is played with the same sized ball. The only difference is some have stripes.

Reaction Score
Obviously, the physical demands of playing college football require certain levels of size, strength, and speed. However, football also requires intelligence, focus, preparation, and attention to detail.

Check out this video ... and just in case you're wondering Bill Walsh never mentions the size of anyone's hands ... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom