I was there when (rules in thread) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

I was there when (rules in thread)

Reaction Score
Game 6 of the 1975 World Series. My seat was down the first base line, I had a great view of Fisk jumping and down to keep the ball fair in the bottom of the 12th. I also had a great view of Bernie Carbo's 3 run HR in the 8th to tie the game at 6.

Most here probably know that this is the game the Robin Williams talks about missing (because he 'had to see about a girl') in Good Will Hunting.

The game was played on October 21, 1975.
On October 21, 1980 I was at game 6 of the 1980 World Series to see the Phillies their first World Series.
I got married on October 21, 1989.

Reaction Score
The list:
  • 1970 Knicks post season. All MSG home games including Willis Reed game#7
  • 1977 Yankees World Series Reggie Jackson 3 homer game
-1994 Rangers vs Devils final Matoe game then Vancouver cup final game
- 1998 Yankees World Series game 1-4
-1999 UCONN national champion all games except 1st round
  • 2004 UCONN Final Four vs Duke and Georgia Tech in San Antonio
  • 2023+2024 UCONN national championship Houston/ Phoenix

Reaction Score
I forget if I've mentioned this in any sort of detail, but... I was at Jason Kidd's first high-school game.

At the time, St. Joe's of Alameda had an All-American senior named Calvin Byrd who had already signed with Villanova, and he was the talk of the crowd as they entered the gym.

On the way out, zero people were talking about Byrd, though he had a great game. Understandably, the talk was ALL about super-freshman Jason Kidd, who amazed everyone with dazzling passes, steals, floor leadership, etc.

No shade meant on Aidan Mahaney, but Kidd is EASILY the greatest HS hooper I ever saw.

Reaction Score
I was at the game where Bledsoe got hurt and TB12 took over. I was also at the Snow Bowl game. Frigid.

And I attended the Pistons-Celtics game where Johnny Most famously called “Bird stole the ball!!!” My friend and I had moved from our obstructed view seats to some nice seats in the lower level at about the foul line on the side where Bird made the steal and pass to DJ.

Not as memorable of a game for a single event but I was at The Gahden for game 6 of Bruins-Canucks with the B’s down 3-2. That place was rocking.

Reaction Score
Game 6 of the 1975 World Series. My seat was down the first base line, I had a great view of Fisk jumping and down to keep the ball fair in the bottom of the 12th. I also had a great view of Bernie Carbo's 3 run HR in the 8th to tie the game at 6.

Most here probably know that this is the game the Robin Williams talks about missing (because he 'had to see about a girl') in Good Will Hunting.

The game was played on October 21, 1975.
On October 21, 1980 I was at game 6 of the 1980 World Series to see the Phillies their first World Series.
I got married on October 21, 1989.

At least two of the three are good memories.

Reaction Score
Yankees at Red Sox July 24, 2004. Jason Varitek shoved his catcher’s mitt into ARod’s face and the Red Sox scored 3 runs in the 9th and won on a walk off 2 run HR by Bill Mueller. The game is widely acknowledged as the turning point in the season and the rivalry was ratcheted up and set the stage for the historic ALCS come back from 3-0. Red Sox fans know the game. Still have the ticket stub on my son’s bedroom wall.

I was at game 3. Depressing and cold. Who knew what was about to happen…

Reaction Score
The game where Jeter went into the stands, pretty close to where it happened along the 3rd baseline. Pedro started, Yankees won.

Reaction Score
May 15 2014 Citi Field Jacobl deGroms first start against the Yankees. Had no idea he was going to start but had heard about him getting a call up soon. He was one of the young crop of Mets pitching phenoms that we thought could be a solid guy in the rotation. I went with my brother in law who is a die hard Yankee fan. deGrom at one point retired like 12 batters in a row and he said to me something like this guys going to be an ace. Hes different. Had no idea how right he turned out to be.

Reaction Score
1998 ALCS Game 3. Yankees come into Fenway after winning two close games at home and send Clemens to the mound. Sox send him packing after 5 runs and one batter in the 3rd. The "Rogggggggggg-er" chant was deafening. I was hoarse for days. Sox win 13-1. It was the only game they won in that series but it was unforgettable.

Reaction Score
1998 ALCS Game 3. Yankees come into Fenway after winning two close games at home and send Clemens to the mound. Sox send him packing after 5 runs and one batter in the 3rd. The "Rogggggggggg-er" chant was deafening. I was hoarse for days. Sox win 13-1. It was the only game they won in that series but it was unforgettable.
Clemens was the opposite of a big game pitcher.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom