I Took a Chance ... | The Boneyard

I Took a Chance ...

Reaction Score
... and bought tix for UCF. Not sure if I will be in town as I am traveling a lot overseas this fall -- thus the chance taking. But gosh there were a lot of seats available in the section I am partial to. Yikes, ticket sales must be abysmal.

Reaction Score
... and bought tix for UCF. Not sure if I will be in town as I am traveling a lot overseas this fall -- thus the chance taking. But gosh there were a lot of seats available in the section I am partial to. Yikes, ticket sales must be abysmal.
I am certainly disappointed with fan turnout etc. I hear so often from uconn fans and grads (those who are big pro football fans) how much of a “joke” we are. In my mind I wonder what their expectations could possibly be for Uconn football. Perhaps the early relative success made everyone believe we could dominate in football as we have done in hoops.

I used to get worked up about crowd size, argue with these people who call us a joke and otherwise defend the football program. Quite frankly it’s exhausting. I enjoy my group and attending the games weekly so I will focus on that. Also the program has given me plenty of great memories in our relatively short D1 history. I hope we start winning again and that would clearly be the preference but I am done stressing over all the ancillary crap.

If we win consistently the crowds will come and those who live to be negative, contrarians will figure out something else to bitch about.

Reaction Score

Interesting thread creation to say the least...No attack RST but really? You display an obviously exotic ($$$) car as your avatar, discuss your extensive overseas travel this fall and bitch / took a chance on one UConn football game???

We've passed the halfway point in the offseason.
You obviously have been around to see the entire picture being offered. My heart goes out to those making such a sacrifice for the program.
As for myself, I can't speak for other season ticket holders but my guess is you will be held in reverence for such a bold move. ;)

Reaction Score
Interesting thread creation to say the least...No attack RST but really? You display an obviously exotic ($$$) car as your avatar, discuss your extensive overseas travel this fall and bitch / took a chance on one UConn football game???

You obviously have been around to see the entire picture being offered. My heart goes out to those making such a sacrifice for the program.
As for myself, I can't speak for other season ticket holders but my guess is you will be held in reverence for such a bold move. ;)
...it's just an Elise. You can get one used for $30k. It's not like it's a Carerra GT

Reaction Score
I am certainly disappointed with fan turnout. I used to get worked up about crowd size, but I am done stressing over all the ancillary crap.
Speaking of ancillary crap, my biggest (and most incessant) complaint used to be that too many of our fans wouldnt make the effort to be in their seats before kickoff. Never mind that by the end of Q1 the place was packed. Oh, to have that problem again.

Reaction Score
There is among the UConn fan base a fairly large contingent of basketball only fans though attendance there is way down too so they really ought to pipe down who blame pretty much everything on the football program. As if Kevin Ollie would have been a great coach in the Big East if we didn’t have a football program.

Reaction Score
I am certainly disappointed with fan turnout etc. I hear so often from uconn fans and grads (those who are big pro football fans) how much of a “joke” we are. In my mind I wonder what their expectations could possibly be for Uconn football. Perhaps the early relative success made everyone believe we could dominate in football as we have done in hoops.

I used to get worked up about crowd size, argue with these people who call us a joke and otherwise defend the football program. Quite frankly it’s exhausting. I enjoy my group and attending the games weekly so I will focus on that. Also the program has given me plenty of great memories in our relatively short D1 history. I hope we start winning again and that would clearly be the preference but I am done stressing over all the ancillary crap.

If we win consistently the crowds will come and those who live to be negative, contrarians will figure out something else to bitch about.

Here are some expectation levels to think about. And these are expectations UConn fans have every right to expect to be met and to be exceeded.

Should we have to struggle to beat Holy Cross?

Should we go ten quarters without an offensive TD?

Should we finish last in the nation in pass defense?

Should our coaches know what down it is?

I understand why people stay away when the team has been inept for half a decade plus. Not just losing -- inept. Add in they have been boring as hell. I still buy season tickets every season and will continue to do so. I love the games. I have fun every time I go to the Rent. And I have every right to expect them to be competitive.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Here are some expectation levels to think about. And these are expectations UConn fans have every right to expect to be met and to be exceeded.

Should we have to struggle to beat Holy Cross?

Should we go ten quarters without an offensive TD?

Should we finish last in the nation in pass defense?

Should our coaches know what down it is?

I understand why people stay away when the team has been inept for half a decade plus. Not just losing -- inept. Add in they have been boring as hell. I still buy season tickets every season and will continue to do so. I love the games. I have fun every time I go to the Rent. And I have every right to expect them to be competitive.
I don't agree with you much but this post is spot on. And as an Edsall apologist I was absolutely shocked to see us get rolled, at home, to Memphis the way we did. I did not re-up this year - for real this time. Will wait and see.

Reaction Score
...it's just an Elise. You can get one used for $30k. It's not like it's a Carerra GT
Exactly. And the overseas travel is business. The point being made is that there are huge numbers of unsold seats.

And btw, I am not buying season tix if I am not gonna be around.

Reaction Score
Exactly. And the overseas travel is business. The point being made is that there are huge numbers of unsold seats.

And btw, I am not buying season tix if I am not gonna be around.
Yeah I didn't mean it disrespectfully, they're nice cars. It's just not a show of wealth like the poster believed it to be.

Reaction Score

Sorry that you missed the point completely in your misplaced class outrage. And if you would like to take my place and do my business travel, you are certainly welcome. Been getting to some real garden spots these days. ;) (Yeah, really ::rollseyes::) Dunno about you, but I no longer buy season tix if I do not know if I am gonna be able to get to games.

The point was that ticket sales must be terrible. Got it yet? Should I repeat that?

Reaction Score
You are probably right. I am expecting 22k for the UCF game. I am done worrying about it. I will continue to do my part by trying to talk up the entire game day experience to my small social network. Other than that I plan to attend and enjoy the games. I am done with everything else and particularly those Uconn “fans” who seem to love to bad mouth the program. I guess I just don’t have the energy to care anymore (or care enough about them to engage the conversation).

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I don't agree with you much but this post is spot on. And as an Edsall apologist I was absolutely shocked to see us get rolled, at home, to Memphis the way we did. I did not re-up this year - for real this time. Will wait and see.

Yeah, I can't believe Edsall missed all those arm tackles. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
The point was that ticket sales must be terrible. Got it yet? Should I repeat that?

My point was we need another thread to remind us ticket sales have been going down the last five years? :confused: You posted a thread that made it seam like a revelation. I guess I have a problem with more salt in the wound. Just surprised anyone here found ticket sales to be terrible a new topic.

I apologize if you are in the military and going overseas. If that is the case PM me and I will cover the cost of your ticket without reservation.

Reaction Score
My point was we need another thread to remind us ticket sales have been going down the last five years? :confused: You posted a thread that made it seam like a revelation. I guess I have a problem with more salt in the wound. Just surprised anyone here found ticket sales to be terrible a new topic.

I apologize if you are in the military and going overseas. If that is the case PM me and I will cover the cost of your ticket without reservation.
Nah, I am looking at just this year compared to last year although I had season tix off and on for not quite 15 years now. In the section in which I always sit, there was usually about a 25% vacancy rate last year. Early days yet, but two thirds of the seats are unsold as of yesterday.

Btw, not military, but thanks for the offer. I am an engineer that does clean air R&D. On site testing at power plants or pumping stations really could not be confused with vacation or pleasure travel.

Reaction Score
Everyone who cares about UConn sports should attend, end of discussion. I don't care how bad the program has been - the opener is always the opener. You're starting fresh on what should be a beautiful August evening against the defending champs. If you can't pony up $20 to attend the game, what's even the point of posting on these boards?

Reaction Score
Thanks for letting me know ticket sales suck.
No, not suck. REALLY suck. Last year they merely sucked.

U seem pretty clueless, so thought I would try to help. Btw I am happy for you that risking a 100 bucks is a deminimus thing for your budget.

Reaction Score
I took a chance and bought season tickets for the xx year in a row. Can't beat $90 ST's with a stick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom