I told you so | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I told you so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You can search my posts if you want, but I was one of the first to not get on the Boyle bandwagon. This was a bad idea in every way possible, and we are seeing the results. The whole purpose of replacing Pasqualoni was to get more energy out of this team, but then Weist threw that away by starting a QB that was entirely unready to start. Not only does it not give UConn the best chance to win, but it burns the redshirt of a player that could be very productive for UConn in the future and sends the message to the entire team that UConn is not playing to win this year. There is no reason to play for the future in college football. The most important thing a young team can learn is how to win.

UConn has at least a chance to win in each of its last 4 games. UConn should put the QB on the field that maximizes that chance. Boyle is clearly not that QB right now. I would prefer Whitmer, but I could live with Cochran.

So you were on the Whitmer bandwagon? Were you on it during the Towson game?

Reaction Score
I still believe that because this season was toast was in and of itself an additional reason not to burn Boyle's redshirt.
Bingo. There was 0 point In burning his red shirt in this miserable season.

I really don't think you are going to be able to red shirt him again, I have feeling he would rather transfer then do that.

The ignorance and stupidity of the current and former coaching staff threw him into a dumpster fire. He has no oline, no one who is catching the ball and now potentially shattered confidence.

Boyle isn't Aaron Murray but Richt was smart enough to go with joe cox because that team lacked typical UGA talent and he wanted to save Murray's confidence from being crushed and give him an extra year down the road.

Reaction Score
No one had to push Tim onto the field. I disagree that playing him was a mistake. He will learn from this and move on. He's a competitor and this experience will motivate him. He still could take a redshirt year in the future. Injury's come at lousey times, spring practice, who knows? We needed a change and he was next man up. He struggled and Casey may be able to get it done. So we start Casey. I think we are going to win Saturday. The road back starts tomorrow.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I ultimately think Weist is doing a huge favor to the next head coach when he puts as many guys on film as possible. The next coach will be able to watch video of 3 QBs, all given the same amount of time (assuming Cochran starts the final 4 games), and get a better idea of who his guy might be. The more guys he can get on video, the better, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom