I thought some of you might enjoy this | The Boneyard

I thought some of you might enjoy this

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Nahiem Alleyne is a guard transfer that the men’s team got from Virginia Tech via the portal. here is a message that a young Virginia Tech fan left for Connecticut about Nahiem.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
That's super awesome. Dani Jo is an amazing girl, and Nahiem must be very special to have had such an impact on her. Sounds like we got an amazingly high caliber transfer. Thanks for sharing him with us, Dani Jo!!

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Article about Dani Jo and her plight in todays Hartford Courant, but this video tells the whole story. What a courageous young lady and I wish her well.

Reaction Score
Thanks for sharing this! I'm little teary eyed reading through this but it's BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! Need this to help get my morning started right.

Reaction Score
Nahiem Alleyne is a guard transfer that the men’s team got from Virginia Tech via the portal. here is a message that a young Virginia Tech fan left for Connecticut about Nahiem.

What a beautiful kid. So super sweet of her. I’m ready right now.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
We are such softees. Thankyou UConn for doing this, this is such a great and inspiring story, and that's why we have fans all over the country.

Reaction Score
I think sometimes Angels are sent to lead by example.
Guess I’ll be pulling for VT.

Reaction Score
We are such softees. Thankyou UConn for doing this, this is such a great and inspiring story, and that's why we have fans all over the country.
Correction, UConn knows how to treat fans who genuinely care about their players, including transfers that came from other teams.

Nothing soft about it. Wish we saw more of this.

Reaction Score
Correction, UConn knows how to treat fans who genuinely care about their players, including transfers that came from other teams.

Nothing soft about it. Wish we saw more of this.
I interpreted “softees” to mean that the BYers are empathetic and loving towards stories like this one. In that, whenever we read or hear of someone’s success over physical (medical, financial, etc.) challenges, we are not afraid to admit that our “softer” emotional side reacted positively. We shed a few tears because we’re happy that the bad circumstance didn’t hinder the person’s ability to thrive.

Reaction Score
I interpreted “softees” to mean that the BYers are empathetic and loving towards stories like this one. In that, whenever we read or hear of someone’s success over physical (medical, financial, etc.) challenges, we are not afraid to admit that our “softer” emotional side reacted positively. We shed a few tears because we’re happy that the bad circumstance didn’t hinder the person’s ability to thrive.

I agree on that aspect, but I think UConn fans don't get enough credit for showing respect for fans from other programs, with one exception (maybe ). That's why I made that point. It's something I've noticed since participating on the board.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom