I thought Gaffney was the lone bright spot last night | The Boneyard

I thought Gaffney was the lone bright spot last night

Reaction Score
I don't think Gaffney trusts his handle enough to be the player he can be. Same goes for Andre Jackson. If those two guys really work on their handles during the off season, it will allow both of them to do so much more. I really hope that it's a point of emphasis for both of them.

98Uconn

NL1MF
Reaction Score
Gaffney was the only one on the floor last night that looked like he was trying to step it up a notch. It's been said 1000 times, but when he's aggressive, he shines. He has the potential to be a solid shooter and hits his ft's when he drives and draws contact. I feel he lives in Bouk's shadow and felt his role was to "do no wrong" until last night when no one was doing anything and he wasn't ready to go home. A full offseason and Bouk gone and I think he could be a vastly improved, important piece next year.

Reaction Score
Gaffney was the only player for us that did not look confused on the court. He will have a big chance to shine next year and has a lot to work on in the offseason. Getting stronger and a better handle are a priority. He will be a big part of any success we have next season.

Reaction Score
Gaffney had one of his best games of the year. He continues to show flashes of the player that I know he can be. He gave us so much energy with his athleticism when we were really desperate for it. Can’t wait to see what he brings to the team next year.

Reaction Score
I don't think Gaffney trusts his handle enough to be the player he can be. Same goes for Andre Jackson. If those two guys really work on their handles during the off season, it will allow both of them to do so much more. I really hope that it's a point of emphasis for both of them.

Jackson needs to work on his shot. They could double the size of the basket and many of his shots would still miss. Until he is a confident shooter who needs to be guarded the lane will never open for him.

He has a good handle and it will get beter. He should watch videos of Jason Kidd, a great passer with poor shot (he eventually developed a dependable three) who had an amazing career.

Reaction Score
Always a big Gaffney supporter. No one deserves compliments.

Reaction Score
Jackson needs to work on his shot. They could double the size of the basket and many of his shots would still miss. Until he is a confident shooter who needs to be guarded the lane will never open for him.

He has a good handle and it will get beter. He should watch videos of Jason Kidd, a great passer with poor shot (he eventually developed a dependable three) who had an amazing career.
Agree completely. Jackson seems to have a good handle and really good court vision. Would love to see him work on his shot and control the fouls a little better. I’m sure that’s going to be a priority for him. The flashes he showed this year were exciting, but more work to be done!

Reaction Score
Hind sight is always 20-20 but maybe Gaffney should have played more than 20 minutes last night. He was the only Husky not named Bouknight who could get his own shot. From a purely matchup standpoint that might have made more sense than trying to have Sanogo chase Maryland players around the floor. But in the end it was an eminently winnable game- 65 shots!!!! for crying out loud.

Reaction Score
Agree completely. Jackson seems to have a good handle and really good court vision. Would love to see him work on his shot and control the fouls a little better. I’m sure that’s going to be a priority for him. The flashes he showed this year were exciting, but more work to be done!
I respectfully disagree on Jackson's handle. He has great court vision and passing ability, but his handle needs lots of work. If you watch his high school highlights, his handle looks really good. If you watch a complete game, you will see that he can be really sloppy.
In fact, I think Jackson's handle held him back a bit this season. He rarely dribbled more than twice. With an improved handle, he would be a force going to the rack. I hope we see that much more next season.

Reaction Score

Ason Kidd for years. Earned the J like 10th season in the league.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
perfect form
https://res-3.cloudinary.com/rivals/image/upload/duckauto,q_auto,t_large/mace7lwqfssa7ihgaxir
edit: pic won't pop.

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
way back some 30 or 40 months ago, when he was only 6'0. in all his youth vids, he was pretty much the smallest kid on the court. really small. on the udder hand, his stroke was better than many on the team today. big fun.

i particularly enjoy his 'not whining, crying, stink face at the refs on every play' character. for example, cv was a marvelous competitor, but his perpetual moaning and gesticulating often just wore me out.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Agree that Gaffney played well. He didn't play scared. On the whole our team seemed to play like they were afraid to loose. Guys passing up shots and passing to players who then had to take shots late in the clock. We always look terrible when we play that way. We need Jalen to be that guy every game next season and not vanish like he too often does.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Agree that Gaffney played well. He didn't play scared. On the whole our team seemed to play like they were afraid to loose. Guys passing up shots and passing to players who then had to take shots late in the clock. We always look terrible when we play that way. We need Jalen to be that guy every game next season and not vanish like he too often does.
'and not vanish like he too often does.'
the only thing to 'vanish' will be the toilet brain thinking by many here. on the udder hand, typo is a 'beast' and the league awaits him with a rose petal carpet strewn before his golden feet as he makes his triumphal entry into valhalla.
and oh, the results are in:
1. the Year of El-Stinko Basketball, and
2. the big ten is a fraud again. and,
3. typo stinks. on ice. every single time he came in instead of mr gaffney, i jumped up and yelled 'no! wrong dude!' every single time.
who is surprised by these three things?
not me.

Reaction Score
I’d like Jackson to work on offense offense offense first

Reaction Score
I thought Gaffney played well too but he still needs to initiate the offense earlier. Some of his drives where late in the shot clock which only increases the degree of difficulty for him while inadvertently freezing out more effective offensive players.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom