I think we have Drummond covered, what about Deandre Daniels ? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I think we have Drummond covered, what about Deandre Daniels ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What a difference a year makes. Last year at this time Roscoe was our stud, and you know what? He had a good FRESHMAN season. Yeah his shot was inconsistent, but there were times that he showed a nice stroke, from 3. If he spent the summer shooting as I expect he did, there's no reason why he can't take over games. He's getting his points inside so all he needs is to hit some of those 15 footers which was his weakness. I can't see how his minutes get reduced this year.

Reaction Score
Daniels is free to play without stress this year. He is in a good position since all he has to do is just play ball and contribute where he can. Of course if he is as advertised then Scoe will be looking over his shoulder.

Reaction Score
Didn't DD have some trouble with his shot in the pro-am? I thought I remembered a few people say he threw up some pretty bad shots/airballs. Granted that's a lot to do with first time playing that kind of competition/style of play, but lets be a little cautious when dubbing him the "next great shooter" at UCONN. There was a time when that distinction was going to belong to scottie haralson and we all know how that turned out...

I'm more interested in DD's all-around ability. Seems like he can take it strong to the basket from videos i've seen, and his jumpshot is reliable enough for him to fall back on when needed. Really looking forward to seeing him get some time this year!

Reaction Score
Jeremy,ao,ad. Are all locks. Dd is probable. Sb eh idk he's gonna have to get his shot down. Rb looks to be an NBA athlete. Scoe will have a shot at the league as well Think he's gonna be a 4 year player here

Reaction Score
Didn't DD have some trouble with his shot in the pro-am? I thought I remembered a few people say he threw up some pretty bad shots/airballs. Granted that's a lot to do with first time playing that kind of competition/style of play, but lets be a little cautious when dubbing him the "next great shooter" at UCONN. There was a time when that distinction was going to belong to scottie haralson and we all know how that turned out...

I'm more interested in DD's all-around ability. Seems like he can take it strong to the basket from videos i've seen, and his jumpshot is reliable enough for him to fall back on when needed. Really looking forward to seeing him get some time this year!

Yeah, at the GHPA, DD did seem to be a little tentative and inconsistent with his shot. As for Roscoe, he was also inconsistent, but at times displayed a much more polished offensive game than he did last season. He seemed to rotate between being a offensive monster one game (47 pts) and a non-entity (10 pts) the next. When he was on, he was aggressively taking the ball to the hoop, hitting mid-range jumpers, and drilling long threes. Behind Kemba, he was the #2 offensive option on his team, but seemed to disappear into Stanley Robinson land every other game. When he was aggressive and assertive, he was certainly a sight to see, and earned the moniker, Roscoe "The Show."

Reaction Score
Yeah, at the GHPA, DD did seem to be a little tentative and inconsistent with his shot. As for Roscoe, he was also inconsistent, but at times displayed a much more polished offensive game than he did last season. He seemed to rotate between being a offensive monster one game (47 pts) and a non-entity (10 pts) the next. When he was on, he was aggressively taking the ball to the hoop, hitting mid-range jumpers, and drilling long threes. Behind Kemba, he was the #2 offensive option on his team, but seemed to disappear into Stanley Robinson land every other game. When he was aggressive and assertive, he was certainly a sight to see, and earned the moniker, Roscoe "The Show."
Really glad to hear this, he's just a soph and the inconsistency will pop up but I'm looking for a big year from him.

Reaction Score
we have some high class problems. roscoe makes this team a defensive force and his offense should improve. it will be tough to take him off the court.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
What a difference a year makes. Last year at this time Roscoe was our stud, and you know what? He had a good FRESHMAN season. Yeah his shot was inconsistent, but there were times that he showed a nice stroke, from 3. If he spent the summer shooting as I expect he did, there's no reason why he can't take over games. He's getting his points inside so all he needs is to hit some of those 15 footers which was his weakness. I can't see how his minutes get reduced this year.

Don't you know that every recruit will be the greatest player in UConn history because someone saw a highlight video where the recruit made a nasty dunk over some kid from Scarsdale. And every recruit is DEFINITELY better than every sophomore because unlike with the recruits, we actually got to see the sophomores play as freshman.

If Daniels averages 15 mpg he is having a tremendous freshman year given the talent on this team. I find that big guys struggle to adjust to Big East speed particularly when it comes to ball handling. they were often 4's or 5's in high school that were allowed to do whatever they wanted because they were so superior athletically to the kids they played. In college, it will be a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom