I think the hybrid conference is dead | The Boneyard

I think the hybrid conference is dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
TCU, Rutgers, UConn, USF, Louisville and Cincinnati are joining with Missouri, Kansas, KState, Baylor and Iowa State.

It sucks but it is reality. The ACC and Big 10 are not riding to our rescue for years. The ACC is staying at 14 and the Big 10 is staying at 12, And to be honest, the scenario above is optimistic because the Big 12 leftover might just take TCU, Louisville, Cincinnati and MWC programs.

Reaction Score
The sound of that conference makes me cringe...I am not sure we would be a BCS conference

Reaction Score
TCU, Rutgers, UConn, USF, Louisville and Cincinnati are joining with Missouri, Kansas, KState, Baylor and Iowa State.

It sucks but it is reality. The ACC and Big 10 are not riding to our rescue for years. The ACC is staying at 14 and the Big 10 is staying at 12, And to be honest, the scenario above is optimistic because the Big 12 leftover might just take TCU, Louisville, Cincinnati and MWC programs.
Well, what happened to all those wonderful basketball markets? Did they suddenly become irrelevant because SU and Pitt departed.

Lets face it the Big East was being held together by duct tape and wishful thinking. The house of cards is finally caving in on those of us being left behind. This sucks.

Reaction Score
You can't be in a conference with Boise State. They have no boundaries. How do you compete with a team with no academic admission standards? No thank you. You might as well join up with the SEC (which wouldn't want us because we do have boundaries). But what do you want the program to be? We have to have some competition standards.

I should add that academic standards are important because most programs admit players that have some academic relationship to the general student body. I'm not saying that the football players or the basketball players would gain admission if they didn't have the football or basketball thing going on, but they at least are comparable to the bottom tier of the general student body. You can't compete against a Boise State. They'll kill you.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Stop with the 27 months. That's a figure put out there for a normal situation. This isn't normal. Pitt and SU are gone, next year, finito.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
On July 4 1863 (due to the Union winning the Battle at Gettysburg and completing the seige of Vicksburg) the Civil War's fate was sealed. It just took both sides about twenty months to finally realize this (in the South's case, accept the outcome). After the ACC raid in 2003 the idea of a hybrid major conference was viewed as not possible in the eyes of all except the few within the Big East (did nobody notice that no other major conference considered this possibility?). It was just a matter of when the BE would become aware of this.

Reaction Score
Stop with the 27 months. That's a figure put out there for a normal situation. This isn't normal. Pitt and SU are gone, next year, finito.
I don't know about that Zach. Although I don't want any more lawsuits. We need friends at this point. I think Randy is a friend, Tech, and the carolinas, couple others. But no more lawsuits.

Reaction Score
Really?

Of course Money can buy your way out of contracts.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Well, what happened to all those wonderful basketball markets? Did they suddenly become irrelevant because SU and Pitt departed.

Lets face it the Big East was being held together by duct tape and wishful thinking. The house of cards is finally caving in on those of us being left behind. This sucks.

The basketball schools are going to be just fine. I wouldn't be surprised if they are sick of the drama and left the remaining football schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom