I think someone has a high opinion of their game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I think someone has a high opinion of their game

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I don't remember who has the #1 pick but God help them if they select Charli Collier who may be the most overrated player coming out. Physically she has the tools but there is a lot missing, she will not be the impact player that the #1 pick has to be.
I think she should not have recommitted to UConn. But Mercedes Russell had the same knock after leaving Tennessee but she applied herself to good coaching the the W and became a pretty good player so perhaps Charlie can too.

Reaction Score
How is this different than other drafts in major sports? There always seem to be more listed for the draft than who will get selected. In basketball, both NBA and WNBA it's a lot harder due to the size of rosters and teams.

I think of the NFL with the number of rounds they have and there still are hundreds of kids who don't get drafted. Like others say, there's no harm in putting their name in the draft. Plus most of these players have their degrees that they can leverage once they're done their basketball career, whenever it ends for them.

Several women from the Canadian National team have had good careers playing internationally without making it to the WNBA. Who knows what will happen to this draft class? At least they know they tried and won't have it sitting in the back of their mind.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
We all love how the quality of the college game has so improved through the years. There are enough really good players coming out of high school to give more and more college programs a chance to improve their chances to make the final 4. Their ultimate dream is to eventually play pro, in Europe, but most of all, in the good old USA. The WNBA hasn't expanded in years, and the talent in that league has really grown. The problem, finances. I follow the Connecticut Sun, and I have not heard a hint of any talk of expansion. I believe there is enough good talent to field two more teams, but who will step up and say lets get it done. This increase in talent will go to waste and dreams will be squashed if there is no place to go after graduation. If you have a local WNBA team, support them. The basketball is really good, but the support from all of us is vital to help this league grow the opportunities for these very talented young ladies.

Reaction Score
Most of them are gonna have to go pro in something else. They've been running that commercial non-stop during March Madness. Hopefully they took advantage of the academic side of their scholarships.
Hopefully they took advantage of the academic side of their scholarships.
What's the accepted percentage of all college athletes who make it to/in the pro game? Less than 2%. Speaks loudly to hoopfans22's point.
If the NCAA is forced to compensate college athletes, which may be sooner than later, I suspect that the number of players opting out of school will diminish.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom