I Think Skip Holtz Is Gone | The Boneyard

I Think Skip Holtz Is Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This was the year USF was supposed to compete for a BE title. USF doesn't seem to play with a sense of urgency and 0-4 in the BE is shocking. The loss to Rutgers may have cost him his job.

Reaction Score
BJ Daniels is infuriating to watch. One play he looks like Michael Bishop, next play he looks like Bones. This talk of getting rid of coaches after one or two years is crazy. Three year minimum in my book to let a coach get some of his own players in there, but yeah it is a shocker to see them at 0-4, but how did Bonani miss that kick?

Reaction Score
It was a high snap and you knew Rutgers was going all out to block. I don't think Holtz can get the job done.

Reaction Score
You want coach P fired too, no? Is your last name Steinbrenner?

lol, maybe I'm being too hard, but it's not like the cupboard was bare when he got there and he's been able to land solid recruiting classes. IMO USF should be a top 25 team and they are not. Something is wrong. I think it's Holtz.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
In general I don't think you ever fire a coach based on one bad loss. And you usually don't fire them just for a bad season. You fire them if you have evidence they have deficits in several of: organizational skills, recruiting, team discipline, academic support, preparation, gameday coaching/playcalling, and being a good citizen. Perhaps Holtz has some issues, but I don't think you give up on him and start over with another coach just yet.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I was never impressed with the game iq of leavitts teams, skip will have to upgrade that too.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
He has to bench Daniels. There is so much talent at WR and RB that you don't need a QB that is trying to win the game by himself. Just get a game manager in there that can get the ball to the playmakers. Daniels has cost them every game this year, and did his best to blow the win over Notre Dame. Holtz needs to move on.

Reaction Score
He has to bench Daniels. There is so much talent at WR and RB that you don't need a QB that is trying to win the game by himself. Just get a game manager in there that can get the ball to the playmakers. Daniels has cost them every game this year, and did his best to blow the win over Notre Dame. Holtz needs to move on.

Plus one!

Reaction Score
The sad part was the excuses he was making about the moisture of the football after the uconn game....the bulls fan base had fun with that comment

Reaction Score
Stand behind my comments, Holtz gave away another one.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I don't think he goes anywhere, but he needs to settle on a quarterback and style and go from there. Daniels is to erratic to lead a team in the Big East.

Reaction Score
if Holtz goes anywhere it will be to UNC as the new hc...

Reaction Score
if they fire him after just two years they might never be able to attract a decent coach again. the only reason everyone thinks his teams have so much talent is that florida recruits get an extra star from rivals and scout. they've been a .500 BE team for a long time, no better. sure this was a disappointing year but you can't fire your coach after every disappointing year.

Reaction Score
Every year is THE year for USF and every year they come up short. Nonetheless, talk of USF firing Holtz is more idiotic than the banter about firing the staff here, which was pretty idiotic. If he is gone after 2 years, it will be because he left to take what is perceived to be a better job (e.g., UNC).

Reaction Score
Every year is THE year for USF and every year they come up short. Nonetheless, talk of USF firing Holtz is more idiotic than the banter about firing the staff here, which was pretty idiotic. If he is gone after 2 years, it will be because he left to take what is perceived to be a better job (e.g., UNC).

There's nothing idiotic about suggesting to fire a guy who failed to manage several football games they should have won.

Reaction Score
There's nothing idiotic about suggesting to fire a guy who failed to manage several football games they should have won.

perhaps I should have said insane - my bad

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I personally believe that USF has more at stake with the future of the BE than any other member. When they do start their next head coaching search there will be an immense difference in their candidate list it they are an AQ school vs if they are a non AQ school. I doubt that they consider changing coaches until after this mess plays out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom