I think she is the GOAT | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I think she is the GOAT

Reaction Score
When it is all said and done and Breanna decides to hangup the Puma's, she is going to be the GOAT.
Look at it this way, the Liberty GM had 3 names on his board for over a year. Stewie, Vandersloot, and JJ.
Those 3 also spent a year in talks between themselves to see if they could find a fit in the WNBA.
They also had played together on the Russian Super team, so they know had to blend their talents together to win.
This is a new era in the WNBA, it should be fun watching this year.

Reaction Score
Look at it this way, the Liberty GM had 3 names on his board for over a year. Stewie, Vandersloot, and JJ.
Those 3 also spent a year in talks between themselves to see if they could find a fit in the WNBA.
They also had played together on the Russian Super team, so they know had to blend their talents together to win.
This is a new era in the WNBA, it should be fun watching this year.
I am looking forward to watching this season more than any other WNBA season. Happy 27th, WNBA!!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
She Wins team Championships everywhere she plays and wins MVP awards too….and still many more to go….she is my GOAT View attachment 87851
One of the most "popular" criteria for determining a G.O.A.T. in any sport is the number of championships a player won during their playing career. Michael Jeffery Jordan is considered THE GOAT on most NBA fans' "worship list" of ALL-TIME NBA greats. He won 6 championships. Lost or forgotten in this consideration is HOF Bill Russell (1956-1969) A five-time NBA Most Valuable Player (MVP) and a 12-time NBA All-Star. Russell was equally notable for his rebounding abilities, and he led the NBA in rebounds four times. He won 11 championships, but few consider him THE goat because of the era he played in. There were only 8 NBA teams his first year in the league, and 14 when he left.

Like Russell, Stewart is a winner and has won EVERYWHERE she's gone. So, if winning championships is the best, most popular, and fairest way to judge a player, why can't Stewart be THE GOAT? Who has won more NCAA championships than her? She has Olympic gold, WNBA championships, and European championships as well. Who has more championships spread across the spectrum of women's collegiate and professional basketball than her? :eek:

Reaction Score
The idea of the GOAT, to me, has much to be desired ... having followed the women since the early 1990's, the skills and attitudes and energy of the so many great players UConn has had makes the "who is the best" seem demeaning in that many someone's have to "lose" ... to me, it's not about wins and loses and how many ... Rebecca, Sue, Diana, Maya, Stewie, etc., etc. ... are such great players with unique individual qualities ... I prefer to just savor in the beauty of having watched such greatness over the years ...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom