I sure hope everyone shows up at homecoming | The Boneyard

I sure hope everyone shows up at homecoming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
We will be lucky to have 25K inside the stadium against UCF. I'll be there along with many of you, but UCONN couldn't give tickets away to any remaining game to a casual fan at this point. Sad because I had hoped for a nice crowd to honor Jazz. Attendance for all remaining home games won't come anywhere close to approaching 30K...and I think last year's attendance low set at the Memphis game is in jeopardy for the December clash against equally putrid SMU.

Reaction Score
I was going to skip it to go see Wisconsin at Rutgers but the Badgers have screwed up their season also so might as well stay home.

Reaction Score
Not sure how much the casual fan will even be aware of the Jazz tribute. It's UCF(BCS bowl team last year) and on homecoming so that should bring some people out (good weather would help too).

I will be there, but in truth it's getting harder to watch this team with each passing week, whether in person or on TV. You can hardly blame the casuals anymore for bailing (heck, even the diehards too). So sad to see what's happened to this program in a few short years. Winning cures all, but we're a long way from getting back to those days again. All we can do in the short run is to just show up, support them as always, and hope the young players can develop.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I'll be at homecoming - thinking of skipping senior day. Don't have the stomach for the pro crowd booing players on their day...

Reaction Score
I hate the booing too. My son always hollers at the boo birds, "Comeon we're not Rutgers, we don't boo the team".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom