I stopped looking for success, now I can see progress | The Boneyard

I stopped looking for success, now I can see progress

Reaction Score
I have to confess that I fell off the dog sled for a few years. I couldn't handle the losing, but mostly I couldn't handle the overwhelming sense of unfairness that put us where I never thought imaginable. That's why I rarely posted for the past couple of years. (There, I teed it up.)

But now I'm back, because I truly believe that moving back to the Big East is the best news since the signing of Chris Smith. I predict that UConn will become a compelling Rags-to-Riches-to Rags-to-Riches story-line. It's perfect for TV.

I believe Hurley will get the talent he needs -- he's already shown he can recruit, but he's still adapting to competing, and teaching, at a higher level. There's a learning curve for him.

Finally, I find it curious that so many are focused on W/L, which I understand. However, after being away, I find myself surprised that the general mood here, seems to be, and this is just my opinion, skewed a bit to the negative.

I see progress and glimpses of our future. This team is learning to compete at the highest level. Next, comes winning.

Sorry to ramble. I'm excited for the program, and I'm back on the sled.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I have to confess that I fell off the dog sled for a few years. I couldn't handle the losing, but mostly I couldn't handle the overwhelming sense of unfairness that put us where I never thought imaginable. That's why I rarely posted for the past couple of years. (There, I teed it up.)

But now I'm back, because I truly believe that moving back to the Big East is the best news since the signing of Chris Smith. I predict that UConn will become a compelling Rags-to-Riches-to Rags-to-Riches story-line. It's perfect for TV.

I believe Hurley will get the talent he needs -- he's already shown he can recruit, but he's still adapting to competing, and teaching, at a higher level. There's a learning curve for him.

Finally, I find it curious that so many are focused on W/L, which I understand. However, after being away, I find myself surprised that the general mood here, seems to be, and this is just my opinion, skewed a bit to the negative.

I see progress and glimpses of our future. This team is learning to compete at the highest level. Next, comes winning.

Well I guess we were just spoiled by, I don't know, 4 national championships and 20+ years of elite caliber college basketball! Can you blame us for being frustrated by losing to USF, Wagner, St. Joe's, et al?

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score

post/ handle
Welcome back, enjoy the ride!

Reaction Score
welcome

1579582646333.gif

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We’ve made improvements. It just proves how far off we really were - without Jalen Adams (who was very talented), we probably don’t win double digit games for the last 3 years.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I find myself surprised that the general mood here, seems to be, and this is just my opinion, skewed a bit to the negative.

It's like you don't know us at all anymore.

Welcome back!

Reaction Score
Progress Proceeds Success

Occasional success happens but is really fools gold.

Without true progress there can be no sustained success

Reaction Score

Just stop pausing!

Reaction Score

Observing the Boneyard is overly negative is reminiscent of the classic scene in Casablanca where the person walks up to the inspector and reports that there is illegal gambling taking place at Rick’s .
Like the cynical Captain Renault , played masterfully by Claude Rains , I‘m appalled to hear that .
UConn 2020 AAC Champs
feel the Mojo and Believe

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom