I see you TIERNEY LAWLOR! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I see you TIERNEY LAWLOR!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I posted this in another thread, don't remember which but this video is about a 10 second clip from the first Geno show. I posted it not for anything that Geno is saying at the time but the video that they were showing while he was talking.

Look at this pre-game team huddle. Look who is at the center on her knee talking to the team. Remembering that this is a kid who answered a walk on call to the premier WCBB team as a freshman. Now she's got the chutzpah to get in the middle of this group of Top national D1 recruited athletes and give a little speech. And EVERYONE is paying attention.

Gotta love it.

Reaction Score
I posted this in another thread, don't remember which but this video is about a 10 second clip from the first Geno show. I posted it not for anything that Geno is saying at the time but the video that they were showing while he was talking.

Look at this pre-game team huddle. Look who is at the center on her knee talking to the team. Remembering that this is a kid who answered a walk on call to the premier WCBB team as a freshman. Now she's got the chutzpah to get in the middle of this group of Top national D1 recruited athletes and give a little speech. And EVERYONE is paying attention.

Gotta love it.

A few things to love about this---the respect the team shows this 'walkon', the respect she has pulled from the team because of her work ethic, and what a great kid lawlor--it also speaks loads of what great kids are on this team.

Thanks!!!!

Reaction Score
As a HS Wrestling Coach I loved the athlete maybe with less talent but big enthusiasm who went from low ability to where he could be competitive on the JV level!
My favorite is John who came in suicidal, 120lbs, thick coke glasses, and parents thought that wrestling would give him a workout! J got pinned early 1st year but time he graduated he was ECC JV champ and 150lbs and contacts!
Parents we're crying at final banquet that his whole life had changed!

Really nice! Hit the heart big time!!

Reaction Score
I'm still watching TLAW. Nice assist in the ND Game!
When Gabby got karate chopped in the throat by Maybrey everyone was losing their mind except TLAW. It was TLAW who anticipated and grabbed Gabby a cup to clear her throat. Remember there was no time out called or break in the action but there was TLAW handing Gabby a cup so she could gather herself to make two free throws. I'm not even sure it was legal but how much into the game do you have to be to pull that off. Great Young Lady! View attachment 17532

Thanks great , nice catch!! As in all things---it's legal until you are caught and someone says it isn't.

Reaction Score
Thanks great , nice catch!! As in all things---it's legal until you are caught and someone says it isn't.
Wasn't it during a media time out? I thought after Gabby got hit they went to commercials and then came back to Gabby shooting her free throws.

Reaction Score
This thread makes me hope that UConn players at least occasionally have a look at the site. I'm sure the appreciation for TLaw extends well beyond us, but we are certainly among the team's most avid fans. Our feelings for her contributions should carry real weight, and I hope she reads this waterfall of kudos. Also, I've wished for a long time that someone would make an isolated video of Tierney's physical antics on the sidelines because, besides conveying enthusiasm, they are very funny. A bobble-head of the lady wouldn't be easy to design because of so many moving parts. :D

Reaction Score
Just when I think my love and adoration for this team can't get any higher, well, it's gets higher...:)

Reaction Score
650x366

How can anyone not love her? She's a gem who works ridiculously hard and brings a ton of passion to this team! I really hope she knows how much the fans appreciate her for being... well, her.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Wasn't it during a media time out? I thought after Gabby got hit they went to commercials and then came back to Gabby shooting her free throws.
No.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
There was a moment in the UCONN/ND game where Geno was talking to the team and Tierney was so focused on what Geno was saying it was incredible. She did not take her eyes off of him the entire time and it gives you a sense of just how vested she is in the program. A class act..
that scene was a great example of being zoned in... Holly and Muffett need to get their players there

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
The intensity and focus of TLaw can be seen in every TO where she is always listening intently to Geno as he addresses the team.

Reaction Score
Pulido had her moment of ecstasy at the end of last years championship game and everyone remembers it like they remember Heather Buck's.

Just in case people have forgotten it - Tierney had her quieter moment of ecstasy on the court too - late in a game where the coaches had set the goal of 'taking a charge' before the game, and no one had yet done it - and there was Lawlor under the defensive basket, sitting on her keister and pumping her fist after reaching that goal - with her teammates rushing to lift her to her feet!
Hoping for a Pulido moment for Tierney.

Reaction Score
Hi BYers! Just to let you know that I'm still in the hospital, trouble with matching medicine with pacemaker!
Maybe home tomorrow?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Hi BYers! Just to let you know that I'm still in the hospital, trouble with matching medicine with pacemaker!
Maybe home tomorrow?
Hang in - hope you get to watch tomorrow from your favorite chair at home!

Reaction Score
Well I got home at 1:30pm, settled in and watched my Huskies win a sometimes uneven game, but still a victory!
Give KSU credit after an awful start they regrouped and played pretty well the rest of the way!
The BIG girl is legit! And a couple others are talented, not overly athletic, but skilled!
I hope Saniya isn't badly hurt! We'll need her down the road!
Golly it's good to be home, even with a pacemaker and catheter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom