I second Tom Herman for Head Coach...Impressive resume. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I second Tom Herman for Head Coach...Impressive resume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
We all know USC will be hiring and I've got to tell you, Ed Orgeron is making a pretty solid argument to get an extension. Texas is playing better since the early season Mack Brown rumors surfaced. Nebraska could look to make a move and there are always those unexpected openings because a coach wants to try the NFL or something. But all in all, as of today's coaching pulse, I'd say UCONN's competition is not that overwhelming. I'm going to guess just a handful of mediocre-to-bad programs from the B1G and ACC will be our chief competition.

Reaction Score
There are 4 or 5 on coacheshotseat.com

I expect a couple head scratchers out of the SEC.

All I'm going to say is that our fans have a much higher opinion of the program and the job here than the rest of the country.

We are in the AAC. You can easily argue moving from the MAC to the AAC is a lateral move at best for head coaches. I have a hard time believing that a ssistants at high powered programs are drooling over UConn.

Reaction Score
Suppose new HC gets 2 mil does that mean Geno & KO get raises too?
K O needs to win something first, like a Final Four game. I know everyone wants to anoint the guy but lets let him earn it first please.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

All I'm going to say is that our fans have a much higher opinion of the program and the job here than the rest of the country.

We are in the AAC. You can easily argue moving from the MAC to the AAC is a lateral move at best for head coaches. I have a hard time believing that a ssistants at high powered programs are drooling over UConn.

I'm not saying that I think we're nabbing a high level coach that could have offers from P-5 schools but to think we're a lateral move from the MAC is a joke. We are a bad season last year from being in the ACC over Louisville. Besides that, has anything else changed in terms of what the coach will be having at their disposal? Facilities? High level. Stadium/Fans? Just saw we've sold at least 30,000 tix to Louisville and RU. Shows me and a coach that the fans will turn out even if we're 0-7 or 7-0. Athletic Budget? Far and away higher than any other program not in the P-5 from what I've seen.

I could continue but I think to argue that a move to our school would be a lateral move from the MAC is just wrong. This school is too close to returning to a power conference and if I'm an up and comer, I seriously give the school a look knowing that it just takes a succesfull program and I could be legendary for that school.

Reaction Score

You could make that argument, but when you got to comparing salaries, the argument would fall apart. The facilities? Probably a big win in our favor, and despite our current conference situation, our lousy record, and stench of a horrid three year run by a coach past his prime, were still getting people into our stadium at a good clip.

Reaction Score
This link is a little old, as you still have Butch Jones at CMU and Mike Haywood at Miami and others, but I bet it isn't much different today. UConn is a huge step up in compensation from the MAC.

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/MACCoachesSalariesContracts.htm

This looks more recent, but pretty sure it's way off on Jeff Quin's salary

http://college-football-coaches.findthedata.org/d/a/Mid-.-American

The best list I came up with

http://www.footballscoop.com/news/10270-examining-coaching-salaries-in-the-mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics