I second Tom Herman for Head Coach...Impressive resume. | The Boneyard

I second Tom Herman for Head Coach...Impressive resume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Well if this quote doesn't directly apply:

"We had a really bad offensive line at Rice. If you could get those defensive linemen going side to side and up and down the field not able to sub out, those defensive lineman are getting their ass ripped if they don't chase the ball sideline to sideline. [Meanwhile] our offensive linemen jog to the next place where the ball is spotted."

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I really like Herman. Who knows? Maybe he can lure Mike Vrabel with him to be our next DC? Vrabel makes a little less than $300K/yr at OSU as a position coach so paying him $400-$500K/yr could lure him here with Herman. The thought of two OSU guys on our sidelines might make our AD puke but if we win, I think he'll learn to like it!

Reaction Score
Who cares they are OSU boys. I think Warde understands the importance of this hire and he will forget about the OSU boys as the enemy as he is a former Michigan alum. What do you think is a good salary for Herman? I think offering 1.2 to 1.5 mill is adequate...

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
FWIW (not much) I asked my OSU alum friend a few weeks back, he thought Herman would have his choice of big-name job openings at the end of this season.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Really interesting name here that I haven't heard of yet... It would be nice to have a proven Offensive mind as our head man for a change too... Young, motivated, energetic.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I would love him (although there are two or three others who I would also love) as our next head coach. He has ties to Texas and Ohio, two places we could benefit from greatly if we can develop into recruit grounds, he has quite a few years ahead of him (hopefully we can convince him that this can be a destination) and he is a Mensan (there are very few of us, by design).

One thing I would do during the interview process is have him spend some time with Kevin Ollie. They are of similar age, both were raised in southern California and Ollie can provide some insight on why this would be a great place to raise a family and make a permanent home.

Reaction Score
At risk of catching a debbie stick, I have a hard time believing we'll be able to land him or any P5 coordinator who's in the running for a national championship.

Reaction Score
At risk of catching a debbie stick, I have a hard time believing we'll be able to land him or any P5 coordinator who's in the running for a national championship.
Rich is right...we will be paying P-5 hc money to our next coach. Maybe not Texas or Bama $5 million..but Warde isn't on a keep it under $2.0 million per year either. Same with Asst coach salary pool.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Yes on the $$$ front.

I don't know how successful they have been but I do know (from a number of differing sources) that our leadership has engaged in a concerted effort to solicit funds from major players (think people whose family names are on buildings on campus) in order to allow the school to offer the salaries necessary to pull off a quality hire.

My guess (from what little I know of those who were solicited) is that there will be a nice little nest egg to draw from when the time comes.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Any chance TJ stays on? season might be a total bust but i love the honesty and passion

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I believe that without question TJ is the best WR coach we've ever had. My biggest concern (when we were discussing if WM would fire P) was that we would lose him after this season if he became the interim head coach. It is seldom that an interim (shy of a lifer who has no HC ambitions) remains once a new HC takes over. The (implied) demotion is not easy to handle on the interim's part and normally an incoming HC wants nothing to do with his predecessor.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Suppose new HC gets 2 mil does that mean Geno & KO get raises too?

Reaction Score
The salary paid a new football coach should have zero bearing on what the other 2 make. Geno should be on top of the pay scale for his profession, and KO shuld get a raise in his next contract if he takes team to a Final Four during this contract. Football like it or not drives the bus in a P-5 conference.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Both Geno and KO very recently signed their contracts. If they were worth more than what they are currently getting paid each should have addressed it during those negotiations. When each approaches the end of their current deals they will again have the opportunity to look for compensation equal to what each warrants.

Reaction Score
Geno is the first one to say football drives the athletic dept bus now for where we want to be conference wise. KO realizes it as well.

Reaction Score
Rich is right...we will be paying P-5 hc money to our next coach. Maybe not Texas or Bama $5 million..but Warde isn't on a keep it under $2.0 million per year either. Same with Asst coach salary pool.

Do you guys think we are the only school who can throw $2 million at a coach? There will be plenty of schools, most in better conferences, some with bigger budgets and more resources.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think we're looking at a MAC coach or a good assistant, but not one coaching in a BCS bowl. There are too many BCS programs that will be looking for coaches too.

Reaction Score
Do you guys think we are the only school who can throw $2 million at a coach? There will be plenty of schools, most in better conferences, some with bigger budgets and more resources.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think we're looking at a MAC coach or a good assistant, but not one coaching in a BCS bowl. There are too many BCS programs that will be looking for coaches too.

Where do you anticipate openings this year? We know USC, but this seems like a great year for us to be looking for coach. I thought London at UVA might have been in trouble, but he has a top recruiting class coming and his AD gave him a vote of confidence. Holgerson at WVU? There don't appear to be too many high profile jobs that will come open this year.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

Geno and KO have each earned enough scratch in their lives to not have to worry about what other people are making.

Reaction Score

Noey is right...what schools are going to be hiring coaches?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Anyone think Va Tech might be looking for someone new? Yeah they're 6-3 but they have not been blowing the doors off of anyone anytime recently. I know Beamer is deeply entrenched there but you have to think that there is some concern. It probably won't happen this year though...

I agree though that I don't see many BCS programs needing head coaches for next season so the competition should be lighter than usual. Good for us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom