I now blame the two Texas losses on... | The Boneyard

I now blame the two Texas losses on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Shabazz Napier. When he brings his "A" game, the entire team responds. The old Bazz was back tonight. The last few games he seemed to play with a slight limp and was disengaged. Tonight was an entirely different story on both ends. Brimah played great, but its Shabazz that lead this team tonight. We need that every time out. Great, well-balanced, team performance tonight. Even Goodman was praising us on twitter.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Sounds like his knee was bothering him during those games. I agree the team goes as Shabazz goes

Reaction Score
Shabazz was all over the court tonight…….really solid game for him, he was a leader throughout and had fun doing it. They need that from him more than anyone……..

Reaction Score
Shabazz Napier. When he brings his "A" game, the entire team responds. The old Bazz was back tonight. The last few games he seemed to play with a slight limp and was disengaged. Tonight was an entirely different story on both ends. Brimah played great, but its Shabazz that lead this team tonight. We need that every time out. Great, well-balanced, team performance tonight. Even Goodman was praising us on twitter.

He's part of it but just watching last night it's obvious this team needs to play with a chip, passion and have fun…….every game. The defense will almost always be there and will almost always keep these kids in the game. I still give credit to Houston in the first half as they knocked down shots from all over which they won't again and that stuff happens……the passion to go play in that game wasn't there but it also was partly on Houston's ability to throw dagger after dagger in the 1st half……..then they looked like a team afraid to lose 2 in a row at SMU rather than going out and letting them know they are UCONN……

Hopefully they get it now…...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He's part of it but just watching last night it's obvious this team needs to play with a chip, passion and have fun…….every game. The defense will almost always be there and will almost always keep these kids in the game. I still give credit to Houston in the first half as they knocked down shots from all over which they won't again and that stuff happens……the passion to go play in that game wasn't there but it also was partly on Houston's ability to throw dagger after dagger in the 1st half……..then they looked like a team afraid to lose 2 in a row and SMU rather than going out and letting them know they are UCONN……

Hopefully they get it now…...
The defensive difference between Texas and the Harvard game was measurable. That carried over. KO got his message across, finally. I'm feeling much better now.

Reaction Score
When you consider our shooters had an awful game and we won by 20 it was pretty remarkable.
We shot 40% but our 5's were at 80% even Giffey was at 20%
This proves we have we have multiple ways to win.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Small point about Napier's injury - when we're up 20 with 2 minutes to go, we can take him out of the game. Not sure why he was still out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom