I may be the only one on the yard.. | The Boneyard

I may be the only one on the yard..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
that thinks Brimah does not play enough minutes.

I'm sick of the 2 foul sit on the bench first half rule. Play him until he fouls out, period. Everyone gets on his case but our defense is exponentially better with him on the floor. The substitutions are mind boggling.

Reaction Score
I said it in another post, but without him in there teams basically run a lay up line down the lane against us. Miller will block some shots as a help side defender. Facey almost never leaves his man to contest the driver to the hoop and Nolan plays like the shortest 6'10", guy I've ever seen.

Amidah's biggest problem is that in his Jr. year he still picks up the stupidest fouls. That foul on the Trimble and one play was awful. As was the one where he had inside position for a defensive rebound, allowed the guy behind him to get both hands on the ball and proceeded to slam his body into the guy. Just bad fouls that you would expecdt from a freshman.

He needs to be out on the floor but to do so, he needs to stop picking up silly, ticky tack fouls. Concede the layup to Trimble or foul him hard, make it worthwhile.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

I'm sick of the 2 foul sit on the bench first half rule. Play him until he fouls out, period. Everyone gets on his case but our defense is exponentially better with him on the floor. The substitutions are mind boggling.

He can't stay on the floor. It's his own fault. He's the last player you can trust to not get his third foul in the first half.

Reaction Score
He can't stay on the floor. It's his own fault. He's the last player you can trust to not get his third foul in the first half.

Point being he didn't even foul out he ended with 3. 18 minutes is unacceptable Ollie needs to ride him more, if he fouls out he fouls out. Let him get some rhythm

Reaction Score
He is the same player he was as a Freshman. No improvement. Stone dominated him. AB is a good mid major player. Is not a high level player. He dominates against inferior players.

Reaction Score
Point being he didn't even foul out he ended with 3. 18 minutes is unacceptable Ollie needs to ride him more, if he fouls out he fouls out. Let him get some rhythm
Yes I'm in the minorty with you. He has very little offense but he gets way to abused here compared to his teammates.

Reaction Score
One of the things that was so hard to believe on the train home last night is that we won a national championship two years ago with Sophomore Nolan and Freshman Brimah, and nowhere in that run to I recall being just manhandled and destroyed under the boards. Here we are two season later with the same two Centers, and we just got utterly destroyed underneath. HOW CAN WE BE SO MUCH WORSE AT CENTER THAN WE WERE WHEN THESE GUYS WERE YOUNGER.

Reaction Score
One of the things that was so hard to believe on the train home last night is that we won a national championship two years ago with Sophomore Nolan and Freshman Brimah, and nowhere in that run to I recall being just manhandled and destroyed under the boards. Here we are two season later with the same two Centers, and we just got utterly destroyed underneath. HOW CAN WE BE SO MUCH WORSE AT CENTER THAN WE WERE WHEN THESE GUYS WERE YOUNGER.

because he was only ask to protect the rim. We had better defenders at ever other position. (Bazz, Boat, Kromah, Daniels and Giffey) they had trouble getting into their big guys

H

huskymagic

Kembaparty I agree with you 100 percent. Brimah is our only legtimate big man that can defend his position, and provide help defense for everyone else. He needs to be fed the ball on offense as well to provide some spacing, and should be utilized on pick and rolls with Adams and Hamilton more. Of course on the boneyard, you will have the usual apologists and appeasers coming out and saying Gibbs was the man at Seton Hall and we need to play small ball and get abused by every decent team with a bunch of interchangeable zeroes on defense, and on offense.
Ollie needs to stop with the nonsense of subbing Brimah out for Nolan who is useless. Adams, Hamilton, and Brimah are three guys that should always play unless in serious foul trouble early. Nolan, Cassell, and Omar should never play unless we are playing Sacred Heart's of the world.

Reaction Score
He is the same player he was as a Freshman. No improvement. Stone dominated him. AB is a good mid major player. Is not a high level player. He dominates against inferior players.
He's almost doubled his scoring and rebounding totals. He's gone from a 57% free throw shooter to 85% (one of the best on the team). He's lowered his PF/40min by 2. His FG% has gone up dramatically in each of his 3 seasons and he hasn't regressed in any major stat.

He may not be the player you want him to be, but lets stop saying there's been "no improvement". The kid has worked his tail off to become a better player and it shows.

Reaction Score
He's almost doubled his scoring and rebounding totals. He's gone from a 57% free throw shooter to 85% (one of the best on the team). He's lowered his PF/40min by 2. His FG% has gone up dramatically in each of his 3 seasons and he hasn't regressed in any major stat.

He may not be the player you want him to be, but lets stop saying there's been "no improvement". The kid has worked his tail off to become a better player and it shows.
Enough already with the facts and logic

Reaction Score

Yeah at one time he did double his points from his freshman year. He went from 4.1 to 9.1 more than double last year. Oh but because they've played 4 real good teams he's back to 7.4 this year in points. And the rebounds 3.0, 4.4 and 5.5, very impressive. Lottery!

Reaction Score
I've been on him. He can't play with 2 fouls. He doesn't have the basketball IQ to pull it off and our guards do so poorly keeping their man form getting to the lane that his impulse to help would take over. I haven't seem a bunch of guards who play so poorly man to man and get knock off their man so easily when screened, in a UCONN uniform.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Because we don't have elite guards demanding all the attention of the opposing team. And people underbelly Daniels contributions at the 4. We don't have a Daniels either

Reaction Score
Yeah at one time he did double his points from his freshman year. He went from 4.1 to 9.1 more than double last year. Oh but because they've played 4 real good teams he's back to 7.4 this year in points. And the rebounds 3.0, 4.4 and 5.5, very impressive. Lottery!
Never said he was a lottery pick. Never said his stats were impressive. Just pointed out that he has progressed in his time as a Husky. Anyone that tries to argue against that statement isn't paying attention.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Mau you are literally grasping at straws, I generally think you provide great analysis and are one of the better posters here but your perspective on Brimah is just too muddled for me to take you seriously when he comes up. Whenever anyone says one non-negative thing about him, you bring up all of these strawmen. It's apparent you aren't seeing the same thing as the rest of us.

Reaction Score
Mau you are literally grasping at straws, I generally think you provide great analysis and are one of the better posters here but your perspective on Brimah is just too muddled for me to take you seriously when he comes up. Whenever anyone says one non-negative thing about him, you bring up all of these strawmen. It's apparent you aren't seeing the same thing as the rest of us.

Rest of us? Sorry stair that is far from the truth that I promise. No straws here his inability to improve is killing us. He's not the only one, Gibbs was supposed to be better and hasn't. Miller has been eh. Pervis is up and down. Omar is done. Lots of variables but this guy is the same guy in the middle we've had since his freshman year and that just doesn't cut it. I'm trying, but it's not there. Many of you are seeing what you want to, watch it a little closer as he comes out to help and leaves his hands and arms at his side while someone whizzes a pass past him. Really watch the intricacies of the game don't live off the blocked shot because then God is he good!:rolleyes:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Rest of us? Sorry stair that is far from the truth that I promise. No straws here his inability to improve is killing us. He's not the only one, Gibbs was supposed to be better and hasn't. Miller has been eh. Pervis is up and down. Omar is done. Lots of variables but this guy is the same guy in the middle we've had since his freshman year and that just doesn't cut it. I'm trying, but it's not there. Many of you are seeing what you want to, watch it a little closer as he comes out to help and leaves his hands and arms at his side while someone whizzes a pass past him. Really watch the intricacies of the game don't live off the blocked shot because then God is he good!:rolleyes:

Gibbs was supposed to improve from what? He's clearly playing beneath his level right now, but I know I didn't expect a 5th year senior to magically develop from the year prior.

I think Miller is still getting used to playing against real players night in night out. I think he'll be fine in the second half of the year.

Reaction Score
Brimah has improved, but that's not saying much.

The fact is, he's not a starting-caliber center for an elite program. As a freshman, you saw flashes that made you say "we should commit to this guy, give him starter's minutes, get him experience, and in 2-3 years he'll be really, really good". However, at the slow pace he's developed, he may still not get there even at the end of his 4 years.

Reaction Score
Gibbs was supposed to improve from what? He's clearly playing beneath his level right now, but I know I didn't expect a 5th year senior to magically develop from the year prior.

I think Miller is still getting used to playing against real players night in night out. I think he'll be fine in the second half of the year.

Huh? Not sure where you went here but it's a wrong turn. Why did he have to improve? Did Seton Hall play anyone during his time there as good as the teams we play agaist? Yep- He's already played well vs really good teams, he may not be the PG we need but the kid can play and thus far has not, that hurst too but I hold out hope he is struggling mentally. I would be willing to bet he will have more games most of you will be really happy with than the other guy.;)

Reaction Score
Brimah has improved, but that's not saying much.

The fact is, he's not a starting-caliber center for an elite program. As a freshman, you saw flashes that made you say "we should commit to this guy, give him starter's minutes, get him experience, and in 2-3 years he'll be really, really good". However, at the slow pace he's developed, he may still not get there even at the end of his 4 years.

Yep - nutshell, frustrating

Reaction Score
The problem with Miller is that he is a 3, not a 4. You can play PF at 6'7" in the Ivies, but not against elite competition. He is awesome against cupcakes, but against big front lines like MD or Gonzaga, we just get crushed with a skinny 7 footer at the 5 and an SF trying to hold down the 4.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Huh? Not sure where you went here but it's a wrong turn. Why did he have to improve? Did Seton Hall play anyone during his time there as good as the teams we play agaist? Yep- He's already played well vs really good teams, he may not be the PG we need but the kid can play and thus far has not, that hurst too but I hold out hope he is struggling mentally. I would be willing to bet he will have more games most of you will be really happy with than the other guy.;)

You said this: Brimah's "inability to improve is killing us. He's not the only one, Gibbs was supposed to be better and hasn't."

That reads like "Brimah didn't improve... and neither did Gibbs". I now get you meant something else.

Reaction Score
You said this: Brimah's "inability to improve is killing us. He's not the only one, Gibbs was supposed to be better and hasn't."

That reads like "Brimah didn't improve... and neither did Gibbs". I now get you meant something else.

I did and it's fine all good. Just pointing out a few reasons for being 5-3, no biggie intlzncster!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom