I love that they hate Memphis as much as I do | The Boneyard

I love that they hate Memphis as much as I do

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Memphis doesn't belong on the same floor, nevermind in same conference as UConn. As a basketball program or university.

I love that the team seems to hate Memphis as much as I do.

Reaction Score
Hey, Memphis is the only other team in this conference that has a final four in the past 20 yea.....

Never mind

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
resized_palpatine-meme-generator-good-good-let-the-hate-flow-through-you-a2f669.jpg

Reaction Score
They hate Memphis so much they just gifted wrapped them a win on senior night.

When will this program start acting like they are ABOVE this conference. They are. Which is why these losses should be infuriating. Ollie is to blame.

Reaction Score
I don't quite understand the sentiment that Memphis doesn't belong on the same floor as us. They have a good basketball program, and four of the five games we've played since joining the conference have come down to the wire.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't quite understand the sentiment that Memphis doesn't belong on the same floor as us. They have a good basketball program, and four of the five games we've played since joining the conference have come down to the wire.

Maybe because UConn spent the last 30 years playing at the highest level winning four (4) National Championships while Memphis was beating up on CUSA afterthoughts and having every real success vacated?

Reaction Score
Maybe because UConn spent the last 30 years playing at the highest level winning four (4) National Championships while Memphis was beating up on CUSA afterthoughts and having every real success vacated?

OK, but saying they do not belong on the same floor is not the same thing as equating their success to ours. Obviously we have the superior program, but they're one of the few in our conference who manages to put a competitive product out there just about every year. I don't particularly care for them, either, but half the teams in the old Big East wouldn't have stacked up were they held to the same standard.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
OK, but saying they do not belong on the same floor is not the same thing as equating their success to ours. Obviously we have the superior program, but they're one of the few in our conference who manages to put a competitive product out there just about every year. I don't particularly care for them, either, but half the teams in the old Big East wouldn't have stacked up were they held to the same standard.

You are missing the part of the equation where the bad Big East
teams were attached to legitimate universities.

Reaction Score
Louisville was a bad team in the Big East?

Sorry, missed the bad part. Does that mean you're classifying Memphis as bad? Maybe this year, certainly not over the long haul. Look, I'm not propping them up as someone I want to share a conference with, but they trot out good players, generally have pretty good fan support, and win games. They're a good program.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Sorry, missed the bad part. Does that mean you're classifying Memphis as bad? Maybe this year, certainly not over the long haul. Look, I'm not propping them up as someone I want to share a conference with, but they trot out good players, generally have pretty good fan support, and win games. They're a good program.

We can agree to disagree. UConn being in a conference with Memphis gives me a physical reaction.

If you want to embrase Memphis because they have a pretty good fanbase don't let me stop you.

Reaction Score
We can agree to disagree. UConn being in a conference with Memphis gives me a physical reaction.

If you want to embrase Memphis because they have a pretty good fanbase don't let me stop you.

Well it appears we were just arguing semantics anyways. If you wouldn't have had a program scheduling them OOC then I think we're on the same page.

Reaction Score
Trashon Burrell was in beast mode tonight. Fouls couldn't hold him down

Reaction Score
Trashon Burrell was in beast mode tonight. Fouls couldn't hold him down

He played out of his mind, almost as much as his mom was.

Still didn't have a good night as a character.

Reaction Score
can someone find a way to gif that reaction by the ref when pastner came to center court and he goes "what are you doing out here?"

Reaction Score
He played out of his mind, almost as much as his mom was.

Still didn't have a good night as a character.
He does need to mature more for next season. He definitely has similarities to Will Barton. We need a scorer/baller at the wing in the worst way.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He does need to mature more for next season. He definitely has similarities to Will Barton. We need a scorer/ballet at the wing in the worst way.

Wish we just needed that.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC