I love giffey | The Boneyard

I love giffey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We need to set plays for him constantly every game, when he is open it's automatic. Best open shooter in the nation.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
ddent68 said:
I'm here at the game. The best part? The collective Noooooooooo! from the home crowd every time Niels touches it. It's awesome.

The ovation when he passed up an open look was hilarious. Smart bball crowd.

Reaction Score
Never thought I would ever say it but wonder if shot at NBA...athletically limited but does a lot right, become a great shooter, can defend....maybe

Reaction Score
I got a chuckle at the JC interview. When Niels came in as a frosh we were all kind of confused why the media pronounced it Giff-EYE. Here was JC calling him GIFF-ee.

:confused:
I still call him Gif-ee even though I know its wrong.

Reaction Score
We need to set plays for him constantly every game, when he is open it's automatic. Best open shooter in the nation.
Couldn't understand how Memphis was leaving him open after he burned them the entire game. He may well be the best open shooter in the nation but he needs to be more aggressive in shooting when we do run plays for him. Great night for the senior.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Not only was Niels lights-out from 3 tonight, he also got to the rim and finished, battled on the boards getting some important rebounds, and played great D. We need to manufacture more looks for him.

I'm not only happy with Niels, but very happy for him. He seems like a different guy from the tentative Freshman Niels. I'm so glad he stayed and matured, he's a very valuable piece of this team. His hard work and dedication paid off. He'll be playing basketball professionally for a while, great for him. Not only that, he always says the right things in interviews, what a great guy as well, he will be missed.

If he can can contribute half as much as he did tonight consistently throughout the post-season we will be tough to beat.

Reaction Score

Leave it to the hyperbole king. Giffey played great. He's not the best shooter in the country. There's a kid whose name escapes me at Creighton who's got 80 points in his last two games - Doug something - and he's probably not the best shooter in the nation. But Niels is a damn good all around player, and tonight he made some dinero.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
He was amazing! They got him the ball and tonight he took the shot even when they were closing in on him,
Pluus driving to the hoop, getting rebounds, blocked shots, even played center for us.

Reaction Score
Never thought I would ever say it but wonder if shot at NBA...athletically limited but does a lot right, become a great shooter, can defend....maybe
Calling it right now, Giffey will play for the Spurs.

Reaction Score
Leave it to the hyperbole king. Giffey played great. He's not the best shooter in the country. There's a kid whose name escapes me at Creighton who's got 80 points in his last two games - Doug something - and he's probably not the best shooter in the nation. But Niels is a damn good all around player, and tonight he made some dinero.
How was I being hyperbolic? McDermott is the best player in the country and has every offensive move you can think of but as an open three point shooter I would take Giffey over him and every other kid in the country.

Reaction Score
How was I being hyperbolic? McDermott is the best player in the country and has every offensive move you can think of but as an open three point shooter I would take Giffey over him and every other kid in the country.

I mean, Doug shoots a similar percentage and all of his shots are contested. Lets be realistic but lets also get Niels more open looks.

Reaction Score
At the end of the game the building was empty and Niels finished his interview and trotted to the locker room to a rousing round of applause and about a dozen high fives running down the tunnel from the UCONN fans still sticking around. The smile on his face was priceless. I gotta get tickets for tomorrow.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
image.jpg

Reaction Score
He is the sort of guy that could show up on a roster five years from now. Right now he is definitely limited, both by his lack of size/strength on defense and lack of assuredness and aggressiveness as a dribbler and finisher at the rim. Regardless, he should have a nice and fairly lucrative career in Europe and with his national team. Maybe more if he continues to improve at the rate he has this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom