I like this Team | Page 3 | The Boneyard

I like this Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Gavin Edwards turned out to be a very nice player. We would absolutely love him right now!
Exactly he had more effective post moves than AB and KF combined. Of course that isn't saying much but at least he was an option down low.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Gavin Edwards turned out to be a very nice player. We would absolutely love him right now!

Agreed.Edwards would be our 3rd best offensive option right now and start at PF.

That being said, I did think he was a bit soft and that blown dunk/layup to lose to Virginia Tech in the NIT was particularity painful to watch.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Let me remind you that we barely had the Internet & Saint Jim Calhoun had not been on the job more than a handful of years and we were often circling .500 and NIT bound. Even after National Championships in 1999 and 2004, we had ... cough cough ... less than stellar years.

Let me remind you that we were in the Big East. With top flight basketball schools as our competition. We could have a mediocre record and still have a respectable RPI and more often than not at least reach "bubble team" status.

Reaction Score
Gavin Edwards was probably the softest player we had at UConn under Calhoun. Guy was a "serviceable" player on a bad team.

He was a good player on a bad team in 2010, but was a very serviceable backup big man on a final 4 team as a junior in 2009. As a late signed 3 star recruit, he was definitely not a disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom