I Know We have this question all the time but… | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I Know We have this question all the time but…

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I have a meeting from 12-4 where for some reason the boss has decided to put me on a team of 4 people makig a 2 million $ decision (they're an idiot, have you met me?).

So I'm obviously not going. Any good ideas for how to fake sick? Diarrhea? Puke? Dead grandfather?
Consult the official resource on such matters.
matthew broderick GIF

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Tell your employer you have to watch a college basketball game at noon, because at this point in time it matters more than whatever you’re doing in the corporate world.

I’m assuming you’re not a director or CEO because if you were you’d just take off.

Reaction Score
If that was the answer then why would the 4/5 game be played at 2:30pm since for viewers that is just as bad as noon? That game should be prime time it being St Johns and all as far as fan perspective. With UConn and St Johns both finished playing before people get out of work tonight’s game will not have the same level of excitement and potentially smaller crowds or just very drunk fans from the teams that won the first two games.
Because there's 2 windows of games with the 12/2:30 and then 7/9:30. So they have to keep the 1/8 and 4/5 games in the same window otherwise you get really different amounts of rest for both semifinal games

Reaction Score
I am teaching a new math concept to Freshman today. I will have the game on so those kids might not get the best instruction today during the game, but thats ok. Who needs factoring anyways!!!
Well that will be fruitless. I hire a lot of young adults and it's a well known fact they can't even do simple math.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I have a meeting from 12-4 where for some reason the boss has decided to put me on a team of 4 people makig a 2 million $ decision (they're an idiot, have you met me?).

So I'm obviously not going. Any good ideas for how to fake sick? Diarrhea? Puke? Dead grandfather?
I'll be on a call on a $500M deal at 11:30, that so far has run to 12:30 every day we've had it. Since I'm home, should I pretend to pay attention and watch the game on my iPad? Probably.

Reaction Score

Dog ate your homework

Reaction Score
Isn't this game the most likely to be a mismatch, hence an uninteresting game. Perhaps that why it's in that time slot.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
I scheduled a sales call at one of my customers that is furthest away from my office at 11AM. Sorry boss but it's going to take me at least until 3PM to get back to the office.

Reaction Score

Tell them u have an eye issue. Can’t see coming to work today

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I kno the 1 seed historically plays at noon even going back to the days of kembas ankle breaker vs Pitt. Just weird how’s they wouldn’t wait for the matchups to come out and then decide who to put on at what times. This wud maximize tv ratings. Why must the 1 seed always play at noon? That means your feature team of the conference nobody gets to watch. Weird. Ok I’m done ranting. Just annoyed that it’s on at that time
Initially (the first three, which were not at MSG, then for about a decade at MSG) the format was the host school (St John's for MSG games) would play the first game of the evening session quarterfinal doubleheader and they would work the other games around St John's seeding (PC, Cuse & us for the first three tournaments). It was at some point in the mid 1990's that they changed it to give the highest seed the longest rest between rounds (even though it does amount to basically only a few hours).

Reaction Score
timeslot for the #1 seed had has been like this forever, I remember being in school in the 90s and the teachers who didn't gaf wheeling in the TV to watch the games during class

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I am teaching a new math concept to Freshman today. I will have the game on so those kids might not get the best instruction today during the game, but thats ok. Who needs factoring anyways!!!
Tell them that class today will be a special project to conceptualize statistics by learning about how advanced metrics applies to basketball and that the best way to learn is by observing.

Have the entire class watch the game with you and tell them there will be a Q&A period after the game is over.

Reaction Score

tell them you have a fever and feeling nausea and that you are worried you might have the flu-that can't be detected over the phone. If you do some puffing and heavy breaths between your words it will give the message that you are having a hard time breathing. I know I had this issue when I got COVID.

Reaction Score
I spent my day yesterday waving my arms and complaining that Algebra 1 isn't a high school course and it should be considered remedial instruction for freshman, even if it's most freshman. Today we have to decide if the K-8 reading curriculum is worth keeping (it's terrible).

This is all assuming no students get arrested, fight, or run off before noon. So 50/50 shot.
IIRC wasn't Algebra1 a 7th grade option?

Reaction Score
If that was the answer then why would the 4/5 game be played at 2:30pm since for viewers that is just as bad as noon? That game should be prime time it being St Johns and all as far as fan perspective. With UConn and St Johns both finished playing before people get out of work tonight’s game will not have the same level of excitement and potentially smaller crowds or just very drunk fans from the teams that won the first two games.
FWIW, all the tickets were sold out long before people knew who would play when. If there’s a time UConn isn’t playing it’s going to have the smaller crowd, and the main people feeling it are the people selling on the secondary market. Also, the 4/5 is played right after for the same reasons as people have said, the winners of those games play tomorrow in the early slot so it’s as close of rest as possible for all.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
IIRC wasn't Algebra1 a 7th grade option?

It might depends where/when you went to school. Every school I've worked in has Algebra 1 as the advanced/honors options for 8th-grade math. If you're older, I wouldn't be surprised though.

Reaction Score
I feel your pain but this is another benefit of being retired. It's a beautiful day in the 70's here today and I had to turn down a round of golf, but I have my priorities.

Reaction Score
So now the tv networks suddenly care about rest (a few hrs) over tv ratings? Seton hall St. John’s - which cud be a play in game will be seen by way less people because it’s on in middle of day. And to the point about a blowout- I guarantee UConn in a blowout win will generate more ratings than creighton or Marquette in a close game will. Fs 1 got lucky the way it sets up that they have a good night wave on -not something like creighton vs butler in the nightcap. Garden will be a ghost town by 10 pm if that was the case. They shudda had the day wave flipped with the night wave. WAyy better ratings jump- and crowd jump with UConn seton hall and St. John’s playing in Primetime. Still think it’s dumb. And how bout tmrw? They cud have thier dream ratings matchup - UConn vs St. John’s going for a bid in garden at 8pm. Instead it’s 5:30. Lol Ok is what it is. Gonna have to stream it while I give my students ditto sheets. Lololol

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Game at 9:00 am here in SoCal... Am working from home early, will watch the game, and will move on the the office trailer after the game.

GO HUSKIES!

Reaction Score

Let us know if we can help. Haven't seen a good poll question for a bit.

Reaction Score
It might depends where/when you went to school. Every school I've worked in has Algebra 1 as the advanced/honors options for 8th-grade math. If you're older, I wouldn't be surprised though.

Where I'm at, algebra 1 is offered for 7th graders who are really advanced. Or for 8th graders who are just ahead.

Everyone takes it in 9th grade for the rest of the students. Only 50-60 take algebra 1 in junior high where I am located.

Reaction Score
Tell them that class today will be a special project to conceptualize statistics by learning about how advanced metrics applies to basketball and that the best way to learn is by observing.

Have the entire class watch the game with you and tell them there will be a Q&A period after the game is over.

It's also Pi Day, so we could talk about circles on the court and have them figure out area and circumference of the hoop and ball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom