I know its something small but | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I know its something small but

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You are a strange pup to say the least. You want to dig your peers calling WBB an unimportant sport? What mushroom have you been eating or sleeping under? Do you not realize the womans program has made more money for the school than football to this point? A football season ticket holder here that will always appreciate what the womans program has done for this school.
You do not have to like what has been done but your peers GET IT and maybe you should give them a little more ear rather than mouth. How many minor sports draw national tv contracts? To say the level of play would not hold up to a boys high school game is simply s e xest and dumb. They practice against men all the time.
Would this be an olympic sport if the only ones that cared were from Storrs and Knoxville?

It is an Olympic sport for the same reason the WNBA exists, or college women's hockey exists. As far as being sexist , as a previous post intimated. I have two grown daughters and 3 granddaughters. One of my daughters was quite good at golf growing up my son and the other daughter sucked. My son is an above average tennis player and the younger daughter is way smarter than either her sister or brother. It is quite possible to see people's talents in an objective way and make judgments about them. Doing so in no way diminishes who they are.

As far as the revenue of WBB is concerned the fact that only a handful of programs, at best, even cover their travel budget speaks for itself. WBB has been very good to my alma mater. That does not mean it is near relevant on most other campuses.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This was posted during Final 4 week? Sheesh!

Reaction Score
Some people will come up with any reason to criticize others - I guess it is human nature. It's bad enough that fans love to criticize other leagues and rival teams, but when people start criticizing fans who prefer to support different UCONN teams, it seems a bit ridiculous.

I can assure you that UCONN loves all of its fans - I think every university would love to reach the demographics of young, middle aged and older fans th eway UCONN does. I would also bet that the per capita spending on UCONN donations, events & merchandise for older and middle aged fans is much greater than the "younger fan" base. I'm not sure why some fans do not realize how great it is for UCONN to draw upon such a wide demographic to support its sports teams.

Reaction Score
UConn football? Throw the ball like they did against Memphis. Score TDs (not settle for FGs) like they did in the last three games. And win, especially against P5, OOC games. Do all this. Make the games exciting. And the rest will take care of itself.
Good to see someone gets it.

Losing to 1AA teams and getting beat up by MAC opponents will get you on the back pages.

Want more press and to be higher on the Courant's mind? Win more, it is that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom