I know I know they are no moral victories... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I know I know they are no moral victories...

Reaction Score
-If you told me before the game we'd lose by 8 with a chance to tie it in the 4th id say its a huge success
-It still sucks because it felt like a couple plays go different and we win
-Theres still a ton of positives
-It's exciting this game there'es actually a point in breaking it down and figuring out why we lost verus last year were almost every game came down to we were completlely overmatched
-Means nothing if we don't build on this, win a few games and play other good teams on our schedule well

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I think you just misread my post. I complimented Edsall’s progress and pointed out that Lovie Smith is a terrible coach.

Maybe you missed your own post. Most here are celebrating the fact we looked like a Football team today and were in a game until 3 minutes left that you yourself noted we were 22 point dogs in. Then you took that collective board enthusiasm and blamed it on the incompetence of the opposing coach, threw our head coach a compliment and ended your post by throwing a dart back at our head coach. Not to mention insulting the young men who finally showed they may in fact Bleed Blue by saying 2.0 has an excuse because he can't recruit.

I'm not the guy to get into a 100 post war with you so I'm done with this back and forth. You have your views, I have mine. I respect that.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Solid, solid effort. Although tired at times, defense came up with a number of big stops and crucial turnovers. Zergotis made some nice throws in spite of the ints. This game would have been a 6-7 score loss last year no doubt. They had two chances to tie this game. Apart from punt returns and some conservative third down calls, hopefully a building block game-there were some bends but no total breakage. Let’s go huskies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
However Edsalll had his best day in East Hartford since 2010. He could have won that game if he wasn't a turtle.
Exactly. And that's a bad thing imo. HCRE wants could've's more than increased expectations.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
It’s going to be fun to watch Jack Zergiotis develop. Love his arm and instincts. He looks like a keeper. But....he really needs to learn how to handle pressure. A few of those sacks were on him...not the OL.

It’s going to be interesting to see how Edsall handles the qb decision.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Maybe you missed your own post. Most here are celebrating the fact we looked like a Football team today and were in a game until 3 minutes left that you yourself noted we were 22 point dogs in. Then you took that collective board enthusiasm and blamed it on the incompetence of the opposing coach, threw our head coach a compliment and ended your post by throwing a dart back at the our head coach. Not to mention insulting the young men who finally showed they may in fact Bleed Blue by saying 2.0 has an excuse because he can't recruit.

I'm not the guy to get into a 100 post war with you so I'm done with this back and forth. You have your views, I have mine. I respect that.

if edsall had balls they win that game. he coached them into a loss. credit to him for bringing the players in - but he coaches scared and thinks you can win kicking field goals.

Reaction Score
if edsall had balls they win that game. he coached them into a loss. credit to him for bringing the players in - but he coaches scared and thinks you can win kicking field goals.
Bull shiiiite. Team needs playmakers. Illini have former Trojans making plays. We have former D2 and Jucomguys playing their hearts out

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Bull shiiiite. Team needs playmakers. Illini have former Trojans making plays. We have former D2 and Jucomguys playing their hearts out

lol they were up 7-0 and 10-0 and could have put their foot on illinois throat and edsall played for three.

maybe try and be bold. whats the worst thing that can happen

Reaction Score
Don't know how the play calling was to blame. Both the field goals we took shots at the end zone earlier in the drive and didn't make the play. He got aggressive right before the end of the first half and we forced a pass that had zero chance and it ended up costing us 3.

Certainly felt like we had a chance to take complete control of the game but had to settle for 3 instead but it had nothing to do with playcalling

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
An area we needed to to better at today was on first down. Feels like we got sacked on almost every first down.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
We had a legit chance. Take away the self inflicted fumble by Jack Zergiotis and maybe retune the offensive play calling a bit in Q2 and we might have gotten there.

I’d like to see O’reilly and black getting some snaps.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Don’t Lol me clown. Our team is better. That team has more talent. That was a good loss. These guys are easy to root for

you are arguing against yourself. if edsall was more aggressive they could have won. unless you love turtleball?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
if edsall had balls they win that game.
Not just balls, competence. Kid makes the best UConn catch since the Papa John's Bowl. God forbid we let the crowd and the team enjoy the moment. Better yet, let's follow up by asking the 3rd string QB to make a Brady-like throw while the play clock is ticking off and the team is barely set. But we saved a TO!

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Team is 1000% better. Credit to the team and the coaching staff. I'm critical but I have to be fair, they're light years better. Could see 4-5 wins if they bring this effort the rest of the way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom