I knew Diaco would be a disaster after Boise | The Boneyard

I knew Diaco would be a disaster after Boise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does everybody recall how in that game he kept his best offensive player G. Davis on the sideline during 3 critical 3rd down passing situations? I turned to my buddy is said this guys is a joke and this season will be a disaster. We should have known not to take a guy from ND. To make matters worse Memphis and Cincy will leave for Big 12 which will kill our hoop programs eventually

Reaction Score
To me, and to everyone, it should have been the ARMY game. That was it. For all to see.

Why?

- UConn had finally established some progress under Diaco...close loss at ECU...win over UCF the previous 2 weeks.

- listening to Diaco in his radio show prior to Army, I was rather in shock. He was talking up Army so hard you would have thought UConn was playing Alabama that week. If UConn had any confidence built up from the last 2 weeks, I thought to myself it's gone if Diaco is psyching them and himself out talking up Army like this. We either had a BSer or a guy afraid of success. UConn goes down to play a bad Army team with several thousand UConn fans there in essentially our bowl game and falls down 21-0. Diaco than threw the team under bus with the " I inherited a mess" spin.

When people talk about the lack of progress this year they forget...we WE'RE making progress. But the coach, that week, took it all and blew it up. The team was an absolute mess starting that week.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Hey let's have a contest where we can see who knew it first. This will be fun. I knew it as soon as Narduzzi was turned down, or as soon as Narduzzi turned us down and twitter freaked out.

Reaction Score
I've been critical of him all year but have stopped short of calling him a disaster. Until now. We effed this hire up. He's not gonna work out here. Program is dead.

Reaction Score
I was concerned after that press conference announcing the starting QB. I poste then it was bizzare, the strangest presser I ever remember. It was unnecessary, reeked of indecision. Nothing I have seen since has changed my opinion. Non-key starter, key back ups, STFU and coach.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
Diaco made 3/4 of million per win. A lot of people would consider that very successful.

(There is probably an appropriate emoji to go with this post, but I,m not sure what it is.)

Reaction Score
I've been critical of him all year but have stopped short of calling him a disaster. Until now. We effed this hire up. He's not gonna work out here. Program is dead.
How many successful coaches started out this poorly. The list is too long to list. The guy needs at least three years. Not surprised at a two win transition year. If the offense looks inept next year I say we start looking a Cummings but Diaco is doing More good than harm at this point

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Diaco made 3/4 of million per win. A lot of people would consider that very successful.

(There is probably an appropriate emoji to go with this post, but I,m not sure what it is.)
telecommunications-conceit-self_satisfied-laughing_all_the_way_to_the_bank-emoticons-bosses-cwln4377_low.jpg

Reaction Score
We put Foxx at QB in the 4th Q with Claxx at RB. So who was going to carry the ball on the play? Cummings needs to go!

Reaction Score
How many successful coaches started out this poorly. The list is too long to list. The guy needs at least three years. Not surprised at a two win transition year. If the offense looks inept next year I say we start looking a Cummings but Diaco is doing More good than harm at this point

I would say that you'll catch up to the rest of us fairly soon, but you were one of the last guys to turn off the lights in P's office so.......

Reaction Score
I would say that you'll catch up to the rest of us fairly soon, but you were one of the last guys to turn off the lights in P's office so..

changing coaches every year is not the answer. 2-10, 1-11 next year.... now you have a point.

Reaction Score
changing coaches every year is not the answer. 2-10, 1-11 next year.... now you have a point.

I'm not advocating they replace him now. It'll never happen.

But I don't think it's gonna work out next year either. And at that point, why bother firing him?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I'm going to print this and hang it on my fridge so I start every day with a laugh.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Jimmy Serrano said:
I would say that you'll catch up to the rest of us fairly soon, but you were one of the last guys to turn off the lights in P's office so..
A lot of stuck in between impatience and the process are done.
How embarrassing , Bob. We are catching up to the rest. Today was the ultimate embarrassment. My patience is gone. Let's hear your Spin Doctor now. Disgusted.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
You are delusional. The only high point in this sh&tshow season was Fox scampering on a shellshocked cold UCF team. This weirdo coach has run us into the ground, and has blamed his players along the way.
Anyone who takes a program to these lows, albeit in 1 yr, should not be given "3 yrs"

Reaction Score
Not going to rain on your guys parade. If you want to kick the guy while he is down then do so. I just don't know how you can discard his efforts after one year. I am not delusional in realizing his offense is about as exciting as picking up dog poop in the back yard but there is realistic improvement in offensive line play and the offense can be built around that.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Hey let's have a contest where we can see who knew it first. This will be fun. I knew it as soon as Narduzzi was turned down, or as soon as Narduzzi turned us down and twitter freaked out.

Warde could fire Diaco tomorrow, re-hire PP as his replacement, and you'd still claim Warde directly descended from God.

I do admire your loyalty though.

Perfect Hair

I saw Diaco drinking a Pina Colada at Trader Vics
Reaction Score

Not every coaching hire works and prolonging the inevitable only makes things worseworse. Got any friends who are UMass fans? Ask them if being patient with Molnar would have been better than dumping his incompetent arse after "only" two years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom