I kept waiting for doom. | The Boneyard

I kept waiting for doom.

Reaction Score
If we lost today it would have been because we didn't take advantage of incredible opportunities we had early in the game, and because of the false starts.

If we can be a bit more organized to start the game, and clean up all these false starts, I really think we can finish up 2-1 and go bowling.

Reaction Score
I think it's safe to say we've turned the corner. There are hills ahead but with this staff and some good young depth we're going to climb them eventually. Let's get to .500 next week.
Thanks to the refs for calling a cheap hold on us early in the game then letting the BC OL hold like crazy the entire game.

Reaction Score
If the score is 13-3 us every game, I think we win, no?
Um, no offense but I doubt we can count on the number of bad decisions and carelessness of BC today. Honestly, we should have put up 28 points and instead only put up 13.

I love the win and not critical but this is 2nd game in a row where the offense was literally shut down in the 2nd half.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Um, no offense but I doubt we can count on the number of bad decisions and carelessness of BC today. Honestly, we should have put up 28 points and instead only put up 13.

I love the win and not critical but this is 2nd game in a row where the offense was literally shut down in the 2nd half.
We did get 3 more than last week.

Reaction Score
We did get 3 more than last week.
Well the defense did, LOL.

Let’s not mince words, the only thing the offense did 2nd half was avoid turnovers and pick up a few yards.

It was not pretty.

Teams we play will not make as many bonehead plays as BC did today.

Our Defense was awesome today but we need to give them some more cushion.

Reaction Score
Well the defense did, LOL.

Let’s not mince words, the only thing the offense did 2nd half was avoid turnovers and pick up a few yards.

It was not pretty.

Teams we play will not make as many bonehead plays as BC did today.

Our Defense was awesome today but we need to give them some more cushion.
You must be a blast at parties

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
And it never came. No 90 yard TD pass, no pick 6 or bad fumble and then the Scoreboard went 0:00.

Congrats to the Huskies, not a perfect game but a perfect result.
We're kind of conditioned that way.

Reaction Score

Marion played one play….caught a 17 yard pass and got injured….Houston was also out…..that makes 8 skill players out….QB, 4 WRs and 3 RBs…..kind of makes sense that the formula to win that game is with a strong defense, manage the clock and no turnovers don’t you think??

Reaction Score
Marion played one play….caught a 17 yard pass and got injured….Houston was also out…..that makes 8 skill players out….QB, 4 WRs and 3 RBs…..kind of makes sense that the formula to win that game is with a strong defense, manage the clock and no turnovers don’t you think??
Can win next week with the current offensive lineup but definitely need Marion and Houston back for the last 2.

Reaction Score
And it never came. No 90 yard TD pass, no pick 6 or bad fumble and then the Scoreboard went 0:00.

Same! BC really kept making the mistakes you expected from UConn.

UConn came out firing on all cylinders but You could feel momentum swaying in 2nd half to BC. But credit defense with some great stops. Bc didn’t score.

Awesome win!

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
With all the injuries, Mora and company are dong an excellent job of coaching.

We have 4 wins. Could we win 6 - a definite possibility.

Some of you are so conditioned to being negative. Always we need to do this and we need to do that.

Reaction Score
Good points on Today but we are going to have to find more points even with being players down.

Reaction Score
I watched a recording of the game. As much as I love UCONN I love my grankids. more. Watched each of their soccer games. Did not hear the score so had the pleasure of watching UConn ‘s first win over BC football. I suggest that we enjoy this win especially since BC is the sludge of the ACC and they “s….d” us. Any critiques or criticisms can wait until Monday. Today let’s do the happy dance and drink a few of something in UConn football’s honor. Gulp,gulp, and for you ladies sip, sip, sip.

GO HUSKIES !

Reaction Score
I feel like in a way we won this game in the first minute. BC won the toss, deferred to the 2nd half, we do this on the 3rd play from scrimmage:

Who knew then that would be the game's only touchdown? But that set the tone for the day. Should have gotten more that 1st qtr if not for a couple WR drops, but we got 10 points very early and gave our defense a lead. Once BC's defense and our defense settled in it became a game of field position. Looked like our O went into too much of a shell (and those sloppy penalties - ugh!) but it worked out since the D was playing great. They got some timely turnovers that helped save the day.

Signature win for UConn football. After 20 years, we finally got them. Congrats UConn Nation! On to UMass Friday night.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

So was I. But I kept telling myself everything changed in October 2004.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom