I Just Received a Pony Express Message From a Highly Reliable Inside Source ... | The Boneyard

I Just Received a Pony Express Message From a Highly Reliable Inside Source ...

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
... who told me the following:

Apparently, without telling anyone outside the team, Geno has had KLS / Gabby / Pheesa / Kia practice on the "white team" since the team got back from Texas. Tonight, those players will be on the bench in street clothes, and the starting lineup against Tulsa will be as follows:

C: Azura
PF: Kyla
SF: Megan
SG: Mikayla
PG: Crystal

Available reserves will be Batouly, Molly, and Lexi. Under no circumstances will Nurse Colliamson come to the rescue. Even if the 8 available players lose the game to Tulsa, Geno will stick with that roster. In his view, nothing would get their attention in practice more than losing a game to a team full of players who could never get near enough to sniff a UConn basketball scholarship in their wildest dreams.

We know that there is a certain theatrical component to Geno's way of managing his team. (Remember the Last Act of Nykesha Sales? The Memphis game a few years ago?) It's not out of the question that he might do something like this. It would be a dramatic demonstration to his bench players (probably) that they need to take practices more seriously. And it would be a dramatic statement to the fans (as represented by the Boneyard) what the consequences would be if he took their advice more often.

But, as you folks say, they might surprise him and actually WIN the game!

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
You have WAAAY TOO MUCH disposable time on hand.

P.S. Are you a novelist?

Perhaps he is more of a fabulist than a novelist. One with a very sarcastic bent.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I think you pushin our leg!

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
That's my best giggle in some time. thanks

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score

Apparently, without telling anyone outside the team, Geno has had KLS / Gabby / Pheesa / Kia practice on the "white team" since the team got back from Texas. Tonight, those players will be on the bench in street clothes, and the starting lineup against Tulsa will be as follows:

Available reserves will be Batouly, Molly, and Lexi. Under no circumstances will Nurse Colliamson come to the rescue. Even if the 8 available players lose the game to Tulsa, Geno will stick with that roster. In his view, nothing would get their attention in practice more than losing a game to a team full of players who could never get near enough to sniff a UConn basketball scholarship in their wildest dreams.

We know that there is a certain theatrical component to Geno's way of managing his team. (Remember the Last Act of Nykesha Sales? The Memphis game a few years ago?) It's not out of the question that he might do something like this. It would be a dramatic demonstration to his bench players (probably) that they need to take practices more seriously. And it would be a dramatic statement to the fans (as represented by the Boneyard) what the consequences would be if he took their advice more often.

NOW THAT IS FAKE NEWS!!!!!

Reaction Score
That team could probably still win tonight.... but I might be forced to start to follow another team.... ugghhhh... the choices just don't seem all that desirable. :rolleyes:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
While JP’s OP is just a bit of a stretch, Geno certainly has started the reserves before, usually with one starter on the floor to make sure the rookies know which basket to shoot at.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
If it turns out that JoeP is right we all gonna have to do a lot of mea culpas.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
It’s too early for April 1!

Great minds thinks alike!! That's the first thought that came to mind when I read that. Fake news to be sure. :cool:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
While JP’s OP is just a bit of a stretch, Geno certainly has started the reserves before, usually with one starter on the floor to make sure the rookies know which basket to shoot at.

I seriously doubt Geno will go to that extreme tonight..............................................but, this is a team he could do it against. They lost by 26 to an unranked Arkansas 67-41. I think the Huskies will be OK tonight. :)

Reaction Score

JOE: big fan of the Pony Express and this puts you up there near them. HOPE your "source" is accurate, though i see that a lot of wise folks are doubtful. Am rather trusting, and can also muster a number of reasons to trot out this line up...and at this time.

Reaction Score

Funny.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Best post of the year. 2017 and early 2018!!!

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
Well, they weren’t in street clothes, and they didn’t start, but it did happen in the 2 nd, so kudos to you Joe.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
The Boneyard... where reliable sources spread factual information!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom