I just realized something about the football board… | The Boneyard

I just realized something about the football board…

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It is currently the most optimistic board on The Boneyard. It has been a long time since that’s been true.

Even the women’s basketball has multiple threads suggesting that Geno has lost his ability to coach basketball. Two losses and there needs to be someone writing anti-depressant scripts down there.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Not gonna stay on top forever somebody will get your number!!

Reaction Score
Jim Mora, the hires, the recommits, the positive energy. It has to translate into steady improvement. Marketing is going to be important too. We're playing CCSU, Syracuse, Fresno State, BCU, UMass, and Liberty at home in the fall. Lots of regional programs. They should advertise those games on billboards across the Northeast. No legit power program but there should be a lot of interest.

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
It is currently the most optimistic board on The Boneyard. It has been a long time since that’s been true.

Even the women’s basketball has multiple threads suggesting that Geno has lost his ability to coach basketball. Two losses and there needs to be someone writing anti-depressant scripts down there.
I'm all in on the Mora regime. I live in big ten country and outside of Wisconsin, UConn is my team now. I'm buying low and buying the hype!

Mora=Barry Alvarez. !

Reaction Score

Only the optimists are left on the football board.

CL82

Reaction Score
Only the optimists are left on the football board.
Until today, these wins ought to revive the Fanbase a bit.

It was good exiting a neutral court and hearing the crowd repeatedly doing the UConn, Husky, cheer.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I love a lot of the people on the basketball boards, but the boards are littered with irrational psychos and it's tough to read or participate in.

I know what you're thinking. Dan... aren't you also irrational??

Yes... but I'm handling my psychosis with whiskey, so...

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I love a lot of the people on the basketball boards, but the boards are littered with irrational psychos and it's tough to read or participate in.

I know what you're thinking. Dan... aren't you also irrational??

Yes... but I'm handling my psychosis with whiskey, so...
Who better to determine if someone is an irrational psycho than one with the self awareness to admit he is one?

Reaction Score
Until today, these wins ought to revive the Fanbase a bit.

It was good exiting a neutral court and hearing the crowd repeatedly doing the UConn, Husky, cheer.
I agree. Nice to see two victories after a loss for each team.

Reaction Score

You mean a man in the Hall of Fame, 11 National Championships and still counting? You mean that Geno? Only a schmuck like you would see a chance to bring that up and run with it.

CL82

Reaction Score
You mean a man in the Hall of Fame, 11 National Championships and still counting? You mean that Geno? Only a schmuck like you would see a chance to bring that up and run with it.
Reread my post and realize that was not my opinion, but rather I was paraphrasing what was being said on their board.

Perhaps you should master fundamental reading comprehension, before name-calling?

Reaction Score
When you are at the absolute bottom of the FBS. Watching a new coach take over that has chops from UCLA, you have to have some hope for at least a top 100 team.

Reaction Score
New coaches always leads to positive outlooks for the upcoming season especially with the recruits he is following and bringing in
I wouldn’t say “always”. I didn’t have a positive outlook when Randy 2.0 or PP. I will admit I was pumped for Diaco. That faded quickly with his lack of recruiting.

Reaction Score
Reread my post and realize that was not my opinion, but rather I was paraphrasing what was being said on their board.

Perhaps you should master fundamental reading comprehension, before name-calling?
Why even bring it up if it was not your opinion? Like a little kid you couldn’t wait to spread the negative words about what others were saying about maybe the greatest coach in the history of the game? You’re not a UConn fan by any stretch by starting this thread. :rolleyes:

CL82

Reaction Score
Why even bring it up if it was not your opinion? Like a little kid you couldn’t wait to spread the negative words about what others were saying? You’re not a UConn fan by any stretch by starting this thread. :rolleyes:
Seriously, you don’t understand ‘words and things’ do you?

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
If you want to go forward look through the windshield, not in the rear view mirror. Mora and his staff are our windshield.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yesterday's results brought everyone back from the edge and with no games for awhile it will be a week of Good Feelings. And BTW, yesterday was a triumph of the UConn brand, basically a 5-hour infomercial. Fox tried to do the same thing last year but it was abandoned due to COVID. How many other schools get a men's/women's doubleheader? UConn has had them for 25 years. It would never happen again in the fetid AAC. One of the many reasons I love Mora is that he has run to, not away from, the hoop teams. Unlike some here, he realizes that "basketball school" is not a smear, especially when you are as good at as UConn.

CL82

Reaction Score
Yesterday's results brought everyone back from the edge and with no games for awhile it will be a week of Good Feelings. And BTW, yesterday was a triumph of the UConn brand, basically a 5-hour infomercial. Fox tried to do the same thing last year but it was abandoned due to COVID. How many other schools get a men's/women's doubleheader? UConn has had them for 25 years. It would never happen again in the fetid AAC. One of the many reasons I love Mora is that he has run to, not away from, the hoop teams. Unlike some here, he realizes that "basketball school" is not a smear, especially when you are as good at as UConn.
Mora is a savvy guy who understands that this is essential a ground up rebuild (other than facilities.) he understands that he doesn’t need to drag down the other brands in order to rebuild football. For what it’s worth he’s quick to talk up other UConn sports to like baseball and hockey. He is a quality guy and his hiring looks better and better every day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom