I just Got A little Sick | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I just Got A little Sick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Obviously we'd rather be in a better place, and we'd be nuts over Duke and UNC coming to CT on a fairly regular basis, but I'm ok with a change of scenery was far as the old rivals go. To me it was a little tiring seeing that stupid 2-3 zone year in and year out, and the yearly rock fights with Pitt, St John's, etc. It was getting a little stale.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Maybe it' rationalization but I can't imagine JC coming away from the demise of the BE and feeling or saying this:

Boeheim said the transition from being a charter member of the Big East to the ACC wasn’t difficult because his former league changed so much. He pointed out the ACC now has more former Big East schools (including Virginia Tech, Miami and Boston College) than the current Big East (Villanova, Providence, Seton Hall, St. John’s, Georgetown.)

“I mean, there’s a certain degree of nostalgia of being in that league because that’s where you worked 34 years,” Boeheim said. “But this is a better league.”

Reaction Score
A better league than the new Big East? Is he on anti psychotic drugs? His wife will not be happy if his mind turns to mush. Or maybe she will.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
A better league than the new Big East? Is he on anti psychotic drugs? His wife will not be happy if his mind turns to mush. Or maybe she will.
That part was just spin! That didn't bother me as much as the 34 years was the value of nostalgia. Coming away from so much history and all it meant to him was a place he showed up for work really interested me. His first reaction was he hated Syracuse leaving the league. But he has had time to dwell on the situation and not to give kudos to something that was so integral to his life struck me as really odd.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Obviously we'd rather be in a better place, and we'd be nuts over Duke and UNC coming to CT on a fairly regular basis, but I'm ok with a change of scenery was far as the old rivals go. To me it was a little tiring seeing that stupid 2-3 zone year in and year out, and the yearly rock fights with Pitt, St John's, etc. It was getting a little stale.
The best conference in the history of college basketball was "stale"? Tough crowd.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
The best conference in the history of college basketball was "stale"? Tough crowd.
Why is Cuse selling more season tickets than last season? It's the excitement of something new. It's tough giving up the luxury vehicle UConn was associated with. Furthermore the new league is a stripped down car vs. what Cuse traded themselves for! But it is new. And for some of us, something new is exciting.

Which would you prefer? Being BC and fighting for relevancy in the ACC or being the head honcho in a new, albeit lesser league? I'll take the latter everyday. However my overwhelming choice would be to be part of the better or best conferences and dominate them! I'll settle for this vehicle until that day comes when UConn is in the B!G conference. And yes I want the B!G just to make a point to those ACC Benedict Arnolds.

Reaction Score
"Why is Cuse selling more season tickets than last season? It's the excitement of something new."
^^^^This exactly. BC went through the same thing for a season or two before they went from mediocre to just ocre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom