I just Got A little Sick | The Boneyard

I just Got A little Sick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Boeheim interview on ESPN about how exited he is over the new league. How tickets sold out so quick for Duke game even faster than for Georgetown and how he wants to keep up old rivalries with teams like St. Johns and Georgetown and Nova. Strangely no mention of us..........

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Boeheim interview on ESPN about how exited he is over the new league. How tickets sold out so quick for Duke game even faster than for Georgetown and how he wants to keep up old rivalries with teams like St. Johns and Georgetown and Nova. Strangely no mention of us..........
Duke is new and a novelty! It will get old real quickly for them, mark my words. The selection of the particular BE schools was for recruiting exposure. Nothing more. UConn will be just fine!

Reaction Score
Jimmy B is done with Uconn. He'll go to Philly, DC, and NYC because it will help with recruiting. He aint comin' to CT.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
There is no reason to get sick. Jimmy B is a cranky and selfish SOB who plays a painfully boring style of basketball, in a painfully boring city, before a crowd of crowd of bored yokels, and students too stupid to recognize that Cuse is a rip-off.

Reaction Score
The prevailing opinion over on the Syracuse board seems to be, "We have no reason to schedule UConn, and I hope they dwindle into irrelevancy". Personally, I find this viewpoint kind of sad. I get it. They hate us. But that's what made the Syracuse-UConn games awesome. There was an energy to those games that simply can't be replicated by anybody else. UConn-Syracuse was what college basketball was all about. Two evenly matched teams, passionate fan bases, and historic programs. Why throw that away? You're not getting the same level of national intrigue for Syracuse-St. Johns and Syracuse-Villanova, you're just not. Hell, you're probably not even getting it for Syracuse-Georgetown. Ask a casual college basketball fan between 18-35 what they think the more appealing match-up is, and I'd be willing to bet the majority say Syracuse-UConn. There have been too many classic games, moments of euphoria, and amazing adrenaline rushes to not play us in the future. Again, I get it, they're in the position of power, they hate us, and if they have the chance to use their leverage to keep us down, they are going to do it. But doesn't that kind of miss the point of sports? Some of these fans just sadden me. I want awesomeness, I want entertainment, and I want to know who in their right mind doesn't get pumped beyond measure when those two play.

/rant

Reaction Score
Syracuse fans with their single FLUKE title are just jealous of our hardware. They do have a good point about not having a recruiting advantage by playing in CT. There is also no recruiting advantage for us to play in the middle of nowhere central/upstate New York. If that's their argument so be it, but the real reason we should play is because we were big time rivals and packed MSG for years. But can you really blame them for making fun of the American Athletic whatever Conference? The thing that saddens me most is the worst case possible nightmare sequence of events transpired that left us in this dumpster conference. Everything that could've gone wrong did. Why didn't the damn Big 12 just invite Louisville along with WVU. Remember when the Big 12 almost broke up there was all the talk about Kansas being the odd man out.

NotADimeBack

Give me my avi back
Reaction Score
Syracuse fans with their single FLUKE title are just jealous of our hardware. They do have a good point about not having a recruiting advantage by playing in CT. There is also no recruiting advantage for us to play in the middle of nowhere central/upstate New York. If that's their argument so be it, but the real reason we should play is because we were big time rivals and packed MSG for years. But can you really blame them for making fun of the American Athletic whatever Conference? The thing that saddens me most is the worst case possible nightmare sequence of events transpired that left us in this dumpster conference. Everything that could've gone wrong did. Why didn't the damn Big 12 just invite Louisville along with WVU. Remember when the Big 12 almost broke up there was all the talk about Kansas being the odd man out.

Total agreement with you. So many scenarios almost came into play with this modern CR,
& UConn ends up in the worst case. They'll either run this conference for decades or hopefully get the call up in a few years... i hope

Reaction Score
Not gonna miss the fruit, and don't give a crap about playing them again (or what their fans think for that matter). Frankly, their basketball team has a lot of uncertainty ahead and i wouldn't be surprised if they take up the mantle of mediocrity after Boheim retires.

Reaction Score
It's going to be hellafun seeing the dookies and quse fans go at it driving eachother nuts on the boards. Quse and their zone can suck it. Let's play some other new OOC in the coming years. I'm not sure how the Helms Championship arguments will be respected in the ACC.

If there are two spots at a bar open, one is next to Devendork and one next to JJ Re-dick (or insert other annoying dookie here) where do you sit? I guess you'd have to sit next to poetry boy. Who knew that I'd root for Dook against someone.

Who does flop-Paulus root for?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I saw that Louisville and Memphis will continue their rivalry OOC starting in 2015-16.

Reaction Score
Total agreement with you. So many scenarios almost came into play with this modern CR,
& UConn ends up in the worst case. They'll either run this conference for decades or hopefully get the call up in a few years... i hope

All our pain and suffering now will be totally worth it if we end up in the B1G. A much better conference than the ACC anyway!

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Wait and see how sick you are when you see them playing Pitt, Carolina, Duke, etc. and we are playing Houston, SMU and East Carolina.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wait and see how sick you are when you see them playing Pitt, Carolina, Duke, etc. and we are playing Houston, SMU and East Carolina.
When they are on the bubble and we are trying to decide whether or not we are a one seed, I think I'll be okay.

Reaction Score
I was about to post Ryan's quote(it had been in a thread a couple of three days ago) when I saw this video. We should send it to that whining,zone coaching SOB everyday. That game and so many others in the history of the Big East will give Boeheim enough bad memories(of UCONN) to last a lifetime. Good riddance to him and his orange clad cronies(aka Cuse fans)!!! And, as was mentioned earlier in this thread, "UCONN will be just fine.".

GO HUSKIES!!!

husky_qa.jpg-300x200.jpeg
[/quote]

Reaction Score
Jimmy thinks NC and Dook are going to visit the Dome on a yearly basis. With 15 teams in the league it ain't happening!!

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
When they are on the bubble and we are trying to decide whether or not we are one a seed, I think I'll be okay.
I didn't say you/we wouldn't be ok. Im just saying it will make me want to puke watching them play an ACC schedule why we don't. The realization that the BE no longer exists and we aren't in the premier conference in the country is starting to gnaw at me more and more as the season approaches.

Reaction Score
The prevailing opinion over on the Syracuse board seems to be, "We have no reason to schedule UConn, and I hope they dwindle into irrelevancy". Personally, I find this viewpoint kind of sad. I get it. They hate us. But that's what made the Syracuse-UConn games awesome. There was an energy to those games that simply can't be replicated by anybody else. UConn-Syracuse was what college basketball was all about. Two evenly matched teams, passionate fan bases, and historic programs. Why throw that away? You're not getting the same level of national intrigue for Syracuse-St. Johns and Syracuse-Villanova, you're just not. Hell, you're probably not even getting it for Syracuse-Georgetown. Ask a casual college basketball fan between 18-35 what they think the more appealing match-up is, and I'd be willing to bet the majority say Syracuse-UConn. There have been too many classic games, moments of euphoria, and amazing adrenaline rushes to not play us in the future. Again, I get it, they're in the position of power, they hate us, and if they have the chance to use their leverage to keep us down, they are going to do it. But doesn't that kind of miss the point of sports? Some of these fans just sadden me. I want awesomeness, I want entertainment, and I want to know who in their right mind doesn't get pumped beyond measure when those two play.

/rant
The last thing I want to do is defend the idiots on the Cuse board but really what would be in it for them. We hand them their on national TV again and provide no recruiting benefit. I look for them to schedule St. Johns and/or Georgetown from the old BE.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I didn't say you/we wouldn't be ok. Im just saying it will make me want to puke watching them play an ACC schedule why we don't. The realization that the BE no longer exists and we aren't in the premier conference in the country is starting to gnaw at me more and more as the season approaches.
Yeah I understood it and agree, somewhat, but I think that Kevin Ollie is going to great things with our guys. Our pre-conference schedule will get better and our conference games won't be that unending gauntlet that the old Big East was. Still I'll celebrate our success rather than worry about what did not happen. I think I'm just a bit further down that path that you are right now CA but we'll all get there eventually.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I still believe we are on a collision course with them this year. It will be a no brainer on the selection committee to line us up. Their frontcourt vs. our backcourt would be a really interesting war of attrition. We have the shooters to blow apart that zone like last year. Hope it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom