I joined the Boneyard in late 2010... | The Boneyard

I joined the Boneyard in late 2010...

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
...and when I had, UConn was sitting on an 89-game winning streak. Geno had seven NCs and 11 Final Fours to his credit. He'd led Team USA to a FIBA gold medal. Things were pretty nice for UConn to say the least.

Well, it wasn't long before the winning streak ended at 90. The Huskies then forged ahead and looked like they were going to win #8 until a devastating loss to Notre Dame happened. Another year and a half of frustration ensued, as Baylor and Notre Dame seemed to be unshakable thorns in our sides.

However, we also knew Bria and Stef were upperclasswomen now, that KML looked great as a freshman and would only improve, and that the 2012 recruiting class was eventually going to make everything better...presumably.

What has ensued? Oh nothing much- just three national championships in a row, a streak of consecutive Final Fours extended to eight seasons, an additional FIBA gold and and Olympic gold for Team USA, and more auspicious recruiting.

In other words, to say the least again, I can say it's been a lot of fun. And a pleasure sharing it with everyone on the Boneyard...

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Hmmm... Are you the responsible one? Don't change your lucky shirt I think...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
...and when I had, UConn was sitting on an 89-game winning streak. Geno had seven NCs and 11 Final Fours to his credit. He'd led Team USA to a FIBA gold medal. Things were pretty nice for UConn to say the least.

Assuming you joined the Boneyard just prior to the 2010-11 season, UConn is something like 182-12 with five Final Fours and three National Championships since you arrived.

I applaud you for sticking with the team through the lean times. (2011-12...33-5 and 'just' a Final Four.)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
things got better since you submitted your "letter of intent"... you need to be up on the wall

Reaction Score
Assuming you joined the Boneyard just prior to the 2010-11 season, UConn is something like 182-12 with five Final Fours and three National Championships since you arrived.

I applaud you for sticking with the team through the lean times. (2011-12...33-5 and 'just' a Final Four.)
Hey Fishy - as a Newbie poster--I am impressed that you have so many likes. I haven't read much from you the last 2 months so I guess you only post when you have something of value to share.

grizz36

Misabe Mukwa
Reaction Score
Hey Fishy - as a Newbie poster--I am impressed that you have so many likes. I haven't read much from you the last 2 months so I guess you only post when you have something of value to share.

Naw! Just a load of sycophants soiling their noses. :cool:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Nope, he sends a buck to your Boneyard Paypal account for every like you give him. I'm not sure why.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Well, it wasn't long before the winning streak ended at 90. The Huskies then forged ahead and looked like they were going to win #8 until a devastating loss to Notre Dame happened. Another year and a half of frustration ensued, as Baylor and Notre Dame seemed to be unshakable thorns in our sides.

However, we also knew Bria and Stef were upperclasswomen now, that KML looked great as a freshman and would only improve, and that the 2012 recruiting class was eventually going to make everything better...presumably.

What has ensued? Oh nothing much- just three national championships in a row, a streak of consecutive Final Fours extended to eight seasons, an additional FIBA gold and and Olympic gold for Team USA, and more auspicious recruiting.

In other words, to say the least again, I can say it's been a lot of fun. And a pleasure sharing it with everyone on the Boneyard...
My friend, it took you 89 games to be convinced that a team with Maya Moore, Tina Charles, et al. was for real? :)

It's been my pleasure reading, thinking about, and occasionally replying to your posts. I sure as hell hope you aren't going anywhere! The 2012 group still has work to do to leave their incredible mark on the WCBB landscape and history books, and players like Lou, Napheesa, and Crystal will become among the best to have donned the National Flag blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom