I identified the problem last night... | The Boneyard

I identified the problem last night...

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
The "Hair mojo" was changed-Kia and Gabby diverged from their normal style and CD needs to immediately address that! Never change what's working!!!! So, for our next game ladies against Temple, back to the traditional bun and pony tail please... :rolleyes:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The "Hair mojo" was changed-Kia and Gabby diverged from their normal style and CD needs to immediately address that! Never change what's working!!!! So, for our next game ladies against Temple, back to the traditional bun and pony tail please... :rolleyes:
On a board filled with "mojo-watchers", I'm surprised it took this long for anyone to figure out the REAL problem with the game last night! :)

Reaction Score
The REAL problem was more than five players. We should have stuck with just five players! :)

Reaction Score
I didn’t see any problem last night. Kia & Gabby came out with the new hair and took L’ville to school. Basically obliterated them, totally broke their spirit, and then hung on - easily - for the rest of the game. What’s the problem?

Reaction Score
The biggest problem was Nurse and Collier didn't show up just like the miss. st. game last year. After kia missed her first couple 3s she was affraid to shoot the rest of the game. You could see her pull it down everytime she was open. How many bunnies did collier miss in the game? Uconn should've won this game by atleast 30 if these 2 could've hit their wide open looks.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I didn’t see any problem last night. Kia & Gabby came out with the new hair and took L’ville to school. Basically obliterated them, totally broke their spirit, and then hung on - easily - for the rest of the game. What’s the problem?

The problem is we are, many of us anyway, Mojo freaks and cannot abide change!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The real issue was Crystal played extra hurt from the 2nd period on. Once she left the game Kia had to play point, cover Louisville's best scorer and score. It was too much for her and the offense suffered. Geno also slowed the pace of play in the offensive end knowing he was really short and running a high paced transitional offense would be too much for the team. They were dragging at the end anyway. Lou really suffered toward the end since her offense is predicated on constant movement. She was really beat. A healthier Crystal would have led to a healthier MOV.

Reaction Score
The biggest problem was Nurse and Collier didn't show up just like the miss. st. game last year. After kia missed her first couple 3s she was affraid to shoot the rest of the game. You could see her pull it down everytime she was open. How many bunnies did collier miss in the game? Uconn should've won this game by atleast 30 if these 2 could've hit their wide open looks.
We’re we watching the same game nurse was all over Durr most of the game chasing her is a full time job she was strong on defense .napheesa like I said in another thread is she scores 14 6 boards blocks and steams I’ll take that every game

Reaction Score
You missed the game if you think Kia didn’t show up. She really didn’t have open shots, as playing #4 with good athletes should be the case. Her defense was mostly spectacular.
Collier missed some, but Z was the biggest offensive disappointment to me. She really needs some work on a jump hook and using glass.

Reaction Score
Really? Kia guards one of the best scorers in the country and holds her to 20 points lower than she scored against the top 5 teams, plays point guard the 4th quarter because of Crystal's shins and she didn't show up ? Pheesh missed how many layups or were they short jumpers? Lastly she was not that wide open and for sure she was not afraid to take the shot when open.

Reaction Score
Really? Kia guards one of the best scorers in the country and holds her to 20 points lower than she scored against the top 5 teams, plays point guard the 4th quarter because of Crystal's shins and she didn't show up ? Pheesh missed how many layups or were they short jumpers? Lastly she was not that wide open and for sure she was not afraid to take the shot when open.

My opinion is Kia and Pheesa showed up. I also think Kia played great defense. With the help of the rest of the team they "held" Durr to her season average of 20pts. Durr ran into many double teams, it was not an individual effort. Durr did hit some incredible shots and missed some open ones. At the same time Kia scored 4pts, 10-11 points off her average. Lou and Gabby brought the ball up just as much too... So I think there is praise to be given but there is also room for improvement.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Napheesa got 14 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists ,and 3 steals. I would venture to say that she showed up!. We beat the #4 team by double digits. Enjoy the win and Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Most of you people on this site have been saying all season kia is an AA. I did not say anything about her defense but you see how great an AA should play when you watch kls play last night. There's only 2 AA on uconn this season and Collier and nurse aren't one of them!

Reaction Score
Most of you people on this site have been saying all season kia is an AA. I did not say anything about her defense but you see how great an AA should play when you watch kls play last night. There's only 2 AA on uconn this season and Collier and nurse aren't one of them!
You may be right, but I’d rather have an 1 NC than 4 AAs.

Reaction Score
My opinion is Kia and Pheesa showed up. I also think Kia played great defense. With the help of the rest of the team they "held" Durr to her season average of 20pts. Durr ran into many double teams, it was not an individual effort. Durr did hit some incredible shots and missed some open ones. At the same time Kia scored 4pts, 10-11 points off her average. Lou and Gabby brought the ball up just as much too... So I think there is praise to be given but there is also room for improvement.
To me Kia played like an AA. She held a serious POY candidate to ZERO while the game was being decided. Nobody - including Jeff Walz and Asia Durr - thought Louisville had a chance to win after the total beat-down which Geno let up on halfway through the 2nd quarter. Seriously, it was like, “OK - it’s 24-4. Any questions?”

This team is scary good. I only hope we get to play Baylor AND Mississippi State in the FF. Then we will have played everybody who is anybody.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
In this case your handle fits your post. Kia took ONE 3-pt shot. She moved well and set plenty of screens for KLS to run of off in the 1st Half. She was relentless on defense against Durr, who I hope many on here have a stronger appreciation for and know now why Geno recruited her and why she split some HS NPOY awards with KLS. She didn't get flustered (ahem-Laksa, ahem) and also played defense against Kia very well. The announcers picked up on this and noted Kia's defense and is why Holly Rowe interviewed Kia after the game. Will AA voters acknowledge this? Some will, some won't but I get your jist as defense doesn't look as sexy as 26 pts, 3 rebs, 3 assist, 1 block. Kia did have 4 assists so she did participate on the offense.

On Napheesa, she had some good highlights and some %&*@#! moments in the second half when the offense was working the clock and trying to get Z the ball to utilize her height and post moves. 14pts, 3 assists, 6 reb, 3 steals and 1 block is showing up.

All that said-HOW ABOUT KLS FOR MAKING A STATEMENT ON PLAYER OF THE YEAR??? I still think she's still trailing Wilson but she drew closer last night. When is the next Wooden watch list due out?

I really like this team and hope we all enjoy their remaining games this year.

Reaction Score

Absolutely no attack here but totally disagree. :) Told the better half pregame how good the girls looked in their new dews. If hair mojo was a problem the outcome would have been different. ;)
CD knows these girls play under some of the most strict conditions in college basketball and just how hard they work. This on the court and in the classroom. To not let them let their down or do it up for the big game would be a sin. Not sure if it still works that way, but I remember back in the day girls would do each others hair If this is the case here it is just another layer of team bonding.
Again no bad blood but the thread title and the rolling eyes are conflicting. I loved the girls hair and the games result....:D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom