I hope we dig deep. | The Boneyard

I hope we dig deep.

Reaction Score
I hope we dig deep and come up with a good effort. Sellout crowd. playing the #1 team in the nation. My fear is that if we play another clunker, not only will the XL get quiet, but will empty out. Then the new fans will start to boo the kids. It could get ugly in the XL very quickly. They may not be good enough, but the effort should not come into question.

Reaction Score
Nightmare match up. Jay will take Jalen out of the game knowing there is no one else who can keep them close, more than likely even if Larrier is playing. Without being able to pass or handle against a defense like this there is little hope other than someone new stepping up, or Vital making everything he looks at.

I will be DVRing it so I can play golf in RI LOL, warm enough at 40 itchy. Anyway we don't have the horses, easy to admit that. It would be one of the great wins ever if they could, or a great loss if they hang in for 35 or more. Actually 20-30.

Reaction Score
Nightmare match up. Jay will take Jalen out of the game knowing there is no one else who can keep them close, more than likely even if Larrier is playing. Without being able to pass or handle against a defense like this there is little hope other than someone new stepping up, or Vital making everything he looks at.

I will be DVRing it so I can play golf in RI LOL, warm enough at 40 itchy. Anyway we don't have the horses, easy to admit that. It would be one of the great wins ever if they could, or a great loss if they hang in for 35 or more. Actually 20-30.

Man mau,

I used to play in almost any weather but my joints can't do that anymore! Have fun come down to the DC area in late spring maybe we can hit a few.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
If pattern of this team holds (and so far it has held very well) I think we see a great effort out of this team tomorrow that has us hanging on the edge of our seat dreaming until about 8 minutes left in the game when we run out of gas and Nova extends a single digit cushion to double digits. *

These kids get up for the big moments. We did against MSU, Arizona, and WSU. We just don't have enough to see it through, and zero margin for error.

The other pattern that has held this year is throwing up clunkers on quick turnarounds after playing fairly well (see arkansas, Auburn and Memphis)

The one thing you can say about this team is they are very consistent in their inconsistency.

*This goes on the assumption Larrier plays. If he doesnt, forget it. We should cancel. Also Nova is by far the best team we are seeing this season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Man mau,

I used to play in almost any weather but my joints can't do that anymore! Have fun come down to the DC area in late spring maybe we can hit a few.

Actually contemplating a little trip with the boys to the DE/Ocean City golf spots in late Feb/March area, never know.

Will be dressed up warm, the joints are still good especially with "Joint Juice" LOL

Reaction Score
I expect us to dig deep. Very deep. Like 20 points deep before halftime.

Reaction Score
I don't know the criteria for success tomorrow seriously. Is it less than a 20 point loss? Do we mob the court on a 10 point loss? If we win the game what about a championship style parade in downtown Hartford?

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I don't know the criteria for success tomorrow seriously. Is it less than a 20 point loss? Do we mob the court on a 10 point loss? If we win the game what about a championship style parade in downtown Hartford?

There is no criteria for success in a 20 point loss. That being said, 20 point losses can look different.

a)We can be competitive all game and run out of gas and Villanova extends out the lead in garbage time and foul shots.

b)We can get waxed by 30 points most of the game and close margin to 20 because Nova had mercy and took foot off gas with 10 minutes to go.

Both will suck, but I think we'd all rather see A.

And that is a sad statement in and of itself.

Reaction Score
Actually contemplating a little trip with the boys to the DE/Ocean City golf spots in late Feb/March area, never know.

Will be dressed up warm, the joints are still good especially with "Joint Juice" LOL
love the courses down there. assume the high summer prices are somewhat reduced.

Reaction Score
love the courses down there. assume the high summer prices are somewhat reduced.

Yes really nice deals down there in the spring. From DE Bethany to OC there are some gems. Bear Trap Dunes, Man O War, War Admiral, Bayside all on DE and Lighthouse Sound, Rum Pointe, River Run and others in OC.

I mean a 5night 5 day trip with golf, cart, maybe lunch, ocean view hotel and extra rounds afternoon around $400 on premium courses, less on others like the Rookery, Newport Bay, Ocean Yacht, Bay Club etc etc..

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
I hope we dig deep and come up with a good effort. Sellout crowd. playing the #1 team in the nation. My fear is that if we play another clunker, not only will the XL get quiet, but will empty out. Then the new fans will start to boo the kids. It could get ugly in the XL very quickly. They may not be good enough, but the effort should not come into question.
I'm with you. I don't know what happened at Memphis. The Huskies looked like they were up the entire night before. Their injuries were largely self-inflicted: lots of unforced turnovers, lazy (not crisp) passes, many shots were clunkers and some airballs. They looked tired and unenthusiastic from the opening tip. I'd love to know what transpired between the victory at Tulane and the start of the game at Memphis.

Against the Wildcats there should be none of that. UConn should be well-rested, focused and as prepared as they can be to face a Goliath. Fans should expect and insist upon a full-out effort here. The Huskies have, at times, shown they can fight from start to finish, regardless of the outcome. Frankly, it should be that way in every game although one could perhaps give them a pass when they are being blown out but I don't think a good coach or true fans give them a pass even in that case. All the talk from KO and the surprise breakfast visit from Shabazz on Husky pride...it certainly was nowhere to be found in Memphis. I expect that they will give everything they have against 'Nova, win or lose, no matter the score.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The most important thing tomorrow is a strong early start. Keep the crowd into it. Feed off of the crowd if you are successful doing it. Never underestimate the power of emotion for young players and how it can change the complexion of a game. Time to get our groove back...

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I'd love to know what transpired between the victory at Tulane and the start of the game at Memphis.

It's pretty simple.
We didnt have Larrier. Jalen came out on fire and then Vital played us out of the game in the first 8 minutes by chucking everything in sight. That took the wind out of our sails, gave Memphis the feeling of having us on the ropes, and they ratcheted up the defensive intensity and we rolled over like a beta dog when an Alpha sniffs its butt.

I blame Vital for trying to make up for Larriers loss in the first 1/2 when we just needed to stay with our stuff and after that I blame KO for not trying to regroup earlier and not having any methods of re-engaging this team mentally with the game still in reach. I did see some more effort with the game out of reach in 2nd half, and thats good, but too little too late.

Reaction Score
The place will be packed... crowd will be behind them... not sure if it will be close... TL must play!

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
If they have any hope of keeping it within reach, it'll only be if they play their butts off on defense and on the boards. If early in the game Brunson and Bridges are beating their man and making the defense scramble, or if they start playing volleyball off our backboard, look out. It will be tough to score; we can't make it worse by being lackadaisical on the other end.

Last edited:

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
It's pretty simple.
We didnt have Larrier. Jalen came out on fire and then Vital played us out of the game in the first 8 minutes by chucking everything in sight. That took the wind out of our sails, gave Memphis the feeling of having us on the ropes, and they ratcheted up the defensive intensity and we rolled over like a beta dog when an Alpha sniffs its butt.

I blame Vital for trying to make up for Larriers loss in the first 1/2 when we just needed to stay with our stuff and after that I blame KO for not trying to regroup earlier and not having any methods of re-engaging this team mentally with the game still in reach. I did see some more effort with the game out of reach in 2nd half, and thats good, but too little too late.
Good points. Of course, not having Larrier in the lineup required a big adjustment which they never made but it's more than that. What bothered me is the lack of hustle and the bonehead plays and how it seemed to snowball...like they were playing with a collective hangover. They were consistently out-hustled. I agree- Ollie has the responsibility (as well as Adams) of motivating this team and getting them mentally engaged and it didn't happen. In my eyes, effort and fundamental execution were lacking. Hopefully Larrier will be back tomorrow, but regardless let it not be said that the Huskies didn't give it their all.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Which ashram?

LOLZ

at an IT conference in Banglalore. Paid guest. Along with world class performer/singer Lata.

this tune has been stuck in my head for 15 years.

Reaction Score
Remember that time a miserable St. Johns team beat Duke? It had to be at least 10 to 15 years ago. I am hoping for that kind of game.

edit: I think it was in 2003, 72-71 was the game I was thinking of with that big doofus looking guy on St. Johns, forget his name. Think he was a center or PF.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score

I am thinking if Tubby created a defense against us, Jay definitely will. Nova is fast.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom