I hope the players don't read these BY pages | The Boneyard

I hope the players don't read these BY pages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How can a Coach that is 4 games away from having 1000(that's a thousand) more wins than losses, 1149W-149L receive ANY criticism on how he coaches. I believe he knows what he's doing. GO HUSKIES!!! NO.12

Reaction Score
Geno has brought this team this far, in one of the most challenging seasons of his storied career. That's all we need, is to have the players lose confidence in his leadership at this point. LET THE COACH COACH!
If players lose confidence in their coach because of comments made by anonymous posters on a message board, they never had confidence in him/her in the first place. And I am sure Auriemma‘s coaching decisions are predicated on opinions offered here. I have been very vocal in my criticism of Auriemma‘s decisions in the first two games of the NCAA and you know what, I would be more surprised if he cared one iota what I think than I am by his decisions.

Reaction Score
pretty sure they monitor players social media accounts and majority of them don't even post on Twitter during t season.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Geno has brought this team this far, in one of the most challenging seasons of his storied career. That's all we need, is to have the players lose confidence in his leadership at this point. LET THE COACH COACH!
This brings up an interesting topic. Do student-athletes read online message boards? The Boneyard is a fairly well-known message board forum.

There are several sites dedicated to NC State sports. The one I post to has a small, but loyal, cadre of dedicated posters for the Wolfpack Women...and this season, a few have joined the bandwagon who have not posted in previous years.

Do women student athletes read these messages?

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Players will not lose confidence because of what they read on the Boneyard, nor will they gain confidence from what posters have to say. They are not weak minded. Give them some credit. Don't treat them like children. Their parents may care what we have to say, but the players do not. They know 99.9% of the posts are gaseous. ;):rolleyes: I absolutely don't believe the players read the Boneyard and if they did it would for a good laugh or two or three thousand. They would see humor in what we think is brilliant basketball tactics and strategy. We should not take ourselves so seriously.
"It’s basketball. It’s not life or death. ~ Geno Auriemma 12/19/21"

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Geno is an outstanding coach; but not perfect. Listening to some sound advice from the boneyard might help him out a bit!!!
:eek:Sound advice from the Boneyard?

Frustrated Over It GIF

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
... ahem, it's Statler and Waldorf, two of the best characters ever [and yes they do seem like they'd make excellent Boneyarders]:

Reaction Score
Wouldn't worry about it too much............from what I know, players get quite a laugh out of reading posts like these........I think it's fair to say that if a player can take stern criticisms from their coaches, I don't think they get too upset by anything unknown posters write....

Reaction Score
While I don't appreciate some of the "out there" comments, UConn is the best in the US in coaching public speaking and responding to questions. I would expect that any UConn women's basketball athlete has been counseled on how to ignore the more ignorant comments and how to respond to the press (which with all the many bloggers can mean almost anything). Another reason to go to UConn.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
ALL sports, from Grammar school leagues to Professional are discussed each and every day, by word of mouth, computer sites, newspapers, and tv, etc.
All sports fans, players, and coaches have their opinions. Opinions are part of the game, and without these opinions you would not have dedicated fans, To get away from the hectic world we have today, fans find relief in discussing their favorite teams and players.
Yes, it is true that some fans do go overboard. It is fine to proclaim that one player is better than another in one aspect of a sport. It is unfair to state that a certain player is unworthy and should not be on a team.
I have seen past posts on this site that state it quite well: BEFORE YOU DENOUNCE A PLAYER ON THE TEAM, consider that the player you are criticizing is YOUR daughter.

Reaction Score
pretty sure they monitor players social media accounts and majority of them don't even post on Twitter during t season.
Team rule, they all shut down social media once official practice begins in the fall.

Reaction Score
I don't care who reads these pages or if those who do allow what's written to affect their lives. I doubt any team member will lose confidence in their coach based upon something written here!

That said, this is a sports team fan board. There will always be good, bad, ugly, and dumb.

Geno's amazing record- and it REALLY is amazing- speaks for itself, but he is not above criticism, imo, nor are the players. I hope they all succeed on the court and wish them all the best off of it. And personally, I don't consider the players my daughters. Or nieces. Or cousins twice removed on my mother's side.

Btw, happy birthday Geno! Please go on a health regimen this summer. We need you around another 5 years at least (or until Shea proves ready!)

Reaction Score
How can a Coach that is 4 games away from having 1000(that's a thousand) more wins than losses, 1149W-149L receive ANY criticism on how he coaches. I believe he knows what he's doing. GO HUSKIES!!! NO.12
@Next 12 this is something I was not following... but think about the synergy... 4 games away from 1000 more wins than losses, 4 games to the NC... Wouldn't that be another great element for the Hollywood Movie!! ;):D

GO HUSKIES!!

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
Players will not lose confidence because of what they read on the Boneyard, nor will they gain confidence from what posters have to say. They are not weak minded. Give them some credit. Don't treat them like children. Their parents may care what we have to say, but the players do not. They know 99.9% of the posts are gaseous. ;):rolleyes: I absolutely don't believe the players read the Boneyard and if they did it would for a good laugh or two or three thousand. They would see humor in what we think is brilliant basketball tactics and strategy. We should not take ourselves so seriously.
"It’s basketball. It’s not life or death. ~ Geno Auriemma 12/19/21"
I really really really like this post. Some of us take ourselves far too seriously, especially our reliance on hindsights that far outstrip our insights. I sometimes think I see and understand a lot about the game, but that pales when I consider how I'd translate that into in-game, in-the moment decisions and strategies. But it is so easy to offer criticisms after the games are over, isn't it?

Reaction Score
Team rule, they all shut down social media once official practice begins in the fall.
They still post on instagram. Only Twitter is off limits during the season because it gets pretty nasty on there.

Reaction Score
Ummm...my Instagram feed gets at least 3 posts a day from Pbuckets, or whoever, it seems like that "rule" has fallen by the wayside of NIL

Amashutcha

Basketball enjoyer
Reaction Score
Ummm...my Instagram feed gets at least 3 posts a day from Pbuckets, or whoever, it seems like that "rule" has fallen by the wayside of NIL
Nah, I've followed the players before NIL and they were posting on IG during the season. Dead silent on Twitter, though. It's a toxic wasteland out there on the Twitterverse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom