I hope not, but it might be Natalie Butler's last college game | The Boneyard

I hope not, but it might be Natalie Butler's last college game

Reaction Score
Today, George Mason faces George Washington in the A10 tournament. GW has defeated GM the last twelve times, including two times this season. The game is at two and there will be a live broadcast free on the George Mason website.

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
Today, George Mason faces George Washington in the A10 tournament. GW has defeated GM the last twelve times, including two times this season. The game is at two and there will be a live broadcast free on the George Mason website.
Wish the best for Natalie. However, GW is Jen Rizzotti's team and one of her assistants, that she brought from UHart (Jackie Smith) is a personal friend. So, I'm rooting for GW. Hoping Jen can bring this team up from mediocrity, in a few short years.

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
At 23-8 wouldnt George Mason be a pick by the WNIT for their tournament?
Great point! It would be great to see them make a nice run in the WNIT no matter what happens today vs. GW. Hmm. GM vs. GW. I can see where it might get confusing! LOL...

Reaction Score
GW wins at the foul line in 4Q, 64-59. Natalie with 27 and 12. Mild upset as GW = 5, GM = 4 in A10 tournament.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
At 23-8 wouldnt George Mason be a pick by the WNIT for their tournament?

Great minds do think alike. Your comment was my "knee-jerk" reaction to that post too. :cool:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
GW wins at the foul line in 4Q, 64-59. Natalie with 27 and 12. Mild upset as GW = 5, GM = 4 in A10 tournament.

Game was tied at 45 going into the 4th quarter....close game. I doubt this was GM's last game. They would be a formidable participant in the WNIT. :rolleyes:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
George Mason is currently #114 in the RPI, #98 in Sagarin, #91 in Massey. With those numbers they are extremely likely to get an at-large bid. (The WNIT uses a composite ranking that includes several computer rankings:

The WNIT committee will utilize at least six women’s basketball ranking systems in the selection of the at-large tournament spots, such as Massey, Moore, NCAA RPI, RealTime RPI, and Sagarin. These rankings vary in their emphasis, which provides a good cross-ranking of factors such as win-loss record, strength of schedule, strength of opponents, strength of opponents’ schedule, record at home and on the road, record against Top 25 and Top 50 teams, and margin of victory, among other factors.
Event Info

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Wish the best for Natalie. However, GW is Jen Rizzotti's team and one of her assistants, that she brought from UHart (Jackie Smith) is a personal friend. So, I'm rooting for GW. Hoping Jen can bring this team up from mediocrity, in a few short years.
They aren't (and weren't) in mediocrity. They had 4 bad years, from '09 - '13. Under Joe McKeown up to 2009 they were a top mid-major, and the two years before Jen's arrival they were 29-4 and 26-7 under Jonathan Tsipis.

Unfortunately, the A10 isn't quite what it used to be. Before the oBE split apart, they were almost always a 2 (or even 3) bid league. Jen and her fellow coaches need to have multiple successful teams to bring the prestige back to the A10.

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
They aren't (and weren't) in mediocrity. They had 4 bad years, from '09 - '13. Under Joe McKeown up to 2009 they were a top mid-major, and the two years before Jen's arrival they were 29-4 and 26-7 under Jonathan Tsipis.

Unfortunately, the A10 isn't quite what it used to be. Before the oBE split apart, they were almost always a 2 (or even 3) bid league. Jen and her fellow coaches need to have multiple successful teams to bring the prestige back to the A10.
Thanks for the history. Prior to Jen's arrival, I had no knowledge of GW's past.

Reaction Score
WOW! Mods are quick! Couldn't even ask that feller if he needed help getting back into his cage!
Nice job, I'm guessing Nan at this early hour.:cool:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

The A10 semifinal between GW and Dayton will be the early game (11AM) on CBSSN. I am interested in seeing if Jen can get the upset. Anyone know who the announcers will be? Maybe a Swin or Sue sighting?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom